Jose Maria Morelos
- Assumed leadership of independence movement after Hidalgo was executed
- Used guerrilla tactics
- Held most of Mexico southwest of Mexico city 1812-1815
- Called Congress of Chilpancingo in 1813 to from Government and draft Constitution
- Constitution ratified in 1814
- Royalists attacked the new congress
- Morelos fought to the death so Government could escape
"Miguel Hidalgo y Costilla." Britannica School, Encyclopædia Britannica, 20 Apr. 2015. school.eb.com/levels/high/article/Miguel-Hidalgo-y-Costilla/40372.
"José María Morelos." Britannica School, Encyclopædia Britannica, 25 May. 2016. school.eb.com/levels/high/article/Jos%C3%A9-Mar%C3%ADa-Morelos/53706.