GAMEDAY INFORMATION (10/2)
Here are some notes for this week's game:
- No caps/hats
- Weather will be cooler but not cold on Friday. You may bring your Field jacket for the stands, but it might not be very cold. Students will NOT wear the field jacket for halftime.
- Everybody should wear long, blue jeans without holes (no shorts). You may wear a dark navy long sleeve shirt under your dry-fit shirt for an additional layer. The color of your long-sleeve shirt should match your dryfit shirt.
- Lyres are required for this game and you may be sent home if you do not have your lyre at inspection.
- Added two stand tunes for this week: Sucker & The Horse. See playlist link above.
The next eligibility check will be on Friday, October 9 (end of 1st quarter grading period). All students must maintain grades at a 70 or higher for all on-level courses. Students that are ineligible will be unable to participate beginning on October 16 (homecoming game).
Students that are currently ineligible can regain eligibility if all your on-level grades are 70 or higher on Friday, October 6th. You will be able to be with us on October 16 (homecoming).
Blast Donation Drive
Thank you for helping students set up accounts, enter contacts and get donations. If your student has not set up an account it is not too late. Please make sure your student has entered contacts. Our goal is $200 for every student. See set-up link below. Questions, email email@example.com.
Color Guard, Percussion, Jazz Band? You can have your donors contribute for speciality groups like the color guard, percussion, or jazz band instead of the whole band. The guard needs floors for the winter. Percussion has so much equipment that needs replacing every year. Jazz takes trips to jazz festivals and has their own uniforms. YOU MUST JOIN GUARD, PERCUSSION, OR JAZZ WHEN SIGNING UP.
More information? See the link "Fundraiser Details and Links" below.
At-Home & In-Person Instructional Model Change Information
In-Person Band Option: Directors will be giving a survey for all At-Home and In-Person students in class on Monday and Tuesday regarding their band classes. Students that choose In-Person Band Classes (whether they are at-home or in person) will be e-mailed a confirmation e-mail on Wednesday Sept 30 based on the results from our survey to students.
Allen ISD understands that families may want to change their instructional delivery model selection during the school year. Due to the scheduling complexities inherent in both At-Home Learning and In-Person Learning, parents are asked to make a commitment for at least one full nine-weeks grading period. To make a change for the 2nd nine-weeks grading period (Oct. 14 through Dec. 18) the change must be made between September 23-29.
Parents wishing to change their child’s participation in either At-Home Learning or In-Person Learning for the next nine-weeks grading period will need to complete the Commitment Form. Information will be sent to all parents about the process to request a change. For more information and a full list of the change timeframes for the rest of the school year, please click the link below.
- Sept. 29 (6-8:30p): Marching Rehearsal: Red Band (track)/Blue Band (rugby)
- Oct 1 (6-8:30p): Marching Rehearsal - Red Band (Rugby)/Blue Band (Track)
- Oct 2: ALLEN EAGLE FOOTBALL! Allen vs. Atascocita - 5:30pm Call Time
- Oct 6 (6-8:30p): Marching Rehearsal: Red Band (track)/Blue Band (rugby)
- Oct 8 (6-8:30p): Marching Rehearsal - Red Band (Rugby)/Blue Band (Track)
- Oct 9: Eligibility Check
- WEDNESDAY Oct 14 (6-8:30p): Marching Rehearsal: Red Band (track)/Blue Band (rugby) OR Homecoming Event
- Oct 15 (6-8:30p): Marching Rehearsal - Red Band (Rugby)/Blue Band (Track)
- Oct 16: Students lose or gain eligibility based on Oct 9 check.
- Oct 16: ALLEN EAGLE FOOTBALL! Allen vs. Tyler Legacy (HOMECOMING!) - 5:30pm Call Time
Created with images by Travis Chiles "No Escape From Reality", Wesley Tingey - "untitled image" • Trent Erwin - "Hard at work" • Lauren Mancke - "Taking notes at coffee time" • Mat Reding - "untitled image" • Gabriel Benois - "Home School, quarantine :(" • Ron - "untitled image". Photo Credits: Calvin Ku