Thank you to pupils, parents and staff for all your ongoing understanding, support and continued hard work throughout the COVID-19 pandemic.This has been very much appreciated and has ensured Milefield Primary continues to be a safe and positive environment in which to work and learn. The COVID outbreak has certainly tested us all in many different ways and I continue to wish that you, your families and friends are keeping safe and well at such a challenging time. - Mrs Trickett
As of the 2nd September 2020, Milefield Primary will re-open its doors to all pupils.
As a school, I would like to assure you that the safety and well-being of all our pupils, parents and staff is our priority. We will continue to work tirelessly to ensure every measure is in place to keep everyone as safe as possible.
We are dedicated to ensuring that all pupils, parents and staff feel confident in returning to a safe and happy school environment.
We have followed government guidelines to adapt routines and procedures in school whilst ensuring that pupil’s happiness and transition back into school is still at the forefront of everything we do.
I know I can rely on the support of both parents and staff to ensure that 'the new school normal' is a place where pupils feel confident and secure so they can thrive and learn.
Thank you- Mrs Trickett
In order to keep pupils as safe as possible we will be using the following times for dropping off and collection:
- FS1 am session 8.40am - 11.40am
- FS1 pm session 12.15pm – 3.15pm
- FS2 8.50am – 3.15pm
- Class 1 8.45am – 3.05pm
- Class 1/2 8.45am – 3.05pm
- Class 2 8.55am – 3.15pm
- Class 3 8.55am – 3.15pm
- Class 3/4 9.05am – 3.25pm
- Class 4 9.05am – 3.25pm
- Class 5 8.50am – 3.15pm
- Class 6 8.50am – 3.15pm
With some classes using the same entrances/exit points, it is important that parents and pupils stick to the assigned drop off and collection times.
Adult or child showing symptoms...
The following protocol has been implemented:
- Pupil to be taken to COVID isolation area.
- Child who is symptomatic to wear face mask immediately.
- Escorting adult to wear face mask and supervise at distance.
- Office/SLT will be informed.
- Where appropriate, Public Health and the Local Authority will be informed and advice followed.
- Parent/family member collecting child will be advised about self-isolation and testing.
- Deep cleaning of bubble and isolation area will be conducted.
SCHOOL ENVIRONMENT & RESOURCES
Areas for learning have been adapted and relocated to allow for social distancing. Classroom layouts have also been adapted to follow the government guidelines.
Outdoor spaces have been scheduled on a ‘rota style’ basis to avoid free flow of groups and ensure children continue to remain in their ‘bubble’.
Pupils are asked to bring minimal items to school with them, a coat, PE kit, medical items (inhalers etc. -prescribed only) and packed lunch (as required). All children will be given a water bottle from school. Please do not bring anything else.
The following has been implemented to reduce risks and ensure safety...
- Table/seating arrangements will be forward facing.
- Pathways around classrooms, entrances/exits and sink areas will be kept clear at all times.
- All excess/unnecessary furnishings, particularly soft furnishings have been removed.
- Pupil access to resources will be limited and pupils must have their own set of equipment/resources.
- Pupils will store coats in cloakrooms. Staff to monitor number of pupils accessing cloakrooms at any one time.
- All pupils will be provided with a school water bottle (September) which should be kept on/under desks.
- Tables/surfaces will be kept tidy and cleared at the end of each day to ensure surfaces can be easily cleaned.
- Inhalers/medication must be signed for and brought into school via main office. Only vital medication must be brought in and a doctor’s prescription must be printed on the item.
- A number of medical stations have been set up around school to avoid children moving to different areas around school.
- The school has devised a number of areas to act as staffrooms to ensure staff working within different bubbles have limited contact with each other.
Curriculum, Teaching & learning
For information regarding curriculum, teaching and learning including recovery plans and expectations please refer to the Recovery Curriculum presentation available on the school website.
In the event of a bubble closure or pupil shielding, staff will provide home learning.
We are committed to supporting pupils to recover lost learning time and be back on track by the end of the Autumn Term.
Recovery = Keep up not catch up!
Key Dates: Autumn term 2020-21
- Tuesday 1st September 2020- INSET
- Wednesday 2nd September 2020 – ALL pupils to return to school
- Monday 5th October 2020- International Walk to School Month
- Monday 12th October 2020- EYFS Parent Open Day
- Thursday 15th October 2020- KS1 Parent Open Day
- Friday 16th October 2020- EYFS Harvest Festival
- Monday 19th October 2020- LKS2 Parent Open Day
- Tuesday 20th October 2020- School Photographs
- Wednesday 21st October 2020- UKS2 Parent Open Day
- Thursday 22nd October 2020- Y2 & Y6 SATs Meeting
- Monday 26th – Friday 30th October 2020- Half Term
- Monday 2nd November 2020- INSET
- Friday 13th November 2020- Children in Need
- Monday 16th November 2020- Anti-bullying/safeguarding awareness week
- Wednesday 9th December 2020- KS2 Christmas Performance
- Thursday 10th December 2020- EYFS Christmas Sing-a-long
- Friday 11th December 2020- KS1 Nativity
- Monday 14th December 2020- KS1 Christmas Party
- Tuesday 15th December 2020- LKS2 Christmas Party
- Wednesday 16th December 2020- UKS2 Christmas Party
- Thursday 17th December 2020- EYFS Christmas Party; Christmas Dinner Day
- Friday 18th December 2020- Christmas Jumper Day
- Monday 21st December 2020- Friday 1st Jan 2021- Christmas Holidays
- Monday 4th January 2021- INSET
Created with images by Alex Jackman - "Rainbow Sidewalk Chalk" • Connor Moyle - "Thank you, NHS. " • Anton Darius - "untitled image" • Daniele Levis Pelusi - "Soap bubbles_2" • Joshua Eckstein - "Non-toxic = edible, right?" • bady abbas - "Bubble soap" • Sean Thomas - "Try not to get stuck in the norm. There are signs that may tell what direction to go but those signs were made the ones who are all going the same direction. Break outside of the curve and create your own path." • Alexa Williams - "untitled image" • Brooke Lark - "Put together all of my favorite eats on one plate. Because, as much as I adore the kids homemade pancakes, a bowl of fresh fruit is what I really want for Mother’s Day." • Eiliv-Sonas Aceron - "Grilled White Cheese Sandwich" • Tevarak Phanduang - "Soccer ball on grass green field with copy space" • Marten Bjork - "Hail day" • Kelly Sikkema - "Hands and hand sanitizer pump" • Justin Chrn - "IG :@justinchrn" • Oliver Hale - "Slip, Trip or Fall" • Gautam Arora - "untitled image" • Nathan Dumlao - "untitled image" • Ashkan Forouzani - "untitled image" • Deleece Cook - "untitled image" • STIL - "untitled image"