I solemnly promise to uphold the aims and responsibilities of the Future Business Leaders of America, and as an active member, I shall strive to develop the qualities necessary in becoming a responsible business leader.
- Develop competent, aggressive business leadership.
- Strengthen the confidence of students in themselves and their work.
- Create more interest in and understanding of the American business enterprise.
- Encourage members in the development of individual projects, which contribute to the improvement of home, business, and community.
- Develop character, prepare for useful citizenship, and foster patriotism.
- Encourage and practice efficient money management.
- Encourage scholarship and promote school loyalty.
- Assist students in the establishment of occupational goals.
- Facilitate the transition from school to work.
Over the last 12 years, Jerry Ackerman has spoken to nearly 1 million students in schools and student conferences in the United States and around the world including Guam, South Korea, Canada, Germany, and the Dominican Republic. He is a regular speaker for Navy Seal families around the world, has shared the stage with NFL stars, appeared on Sirius/XM Radio, and authored 6 books. Jerry has spoken for organizations such as DECA, FFA, BPA, FFCLA, FBLA, HOSA, and StuCo.
Jerry packs a punch with his believability, humor, relevancy, and student-approved presentations. Jerry provides wisdom in his talks that both challenges and encourages them while his energetic style keeps students engaged and learning.
Jerry lives with his wife in Indianapolis, IN. He is a proud father of five children.
2018 State Leadership Conference FBLA-PBL Indiana Chapter
Friday, March 9, 2018
Check here for important schedule updates and announcements.
Saturday, March 10, 2018
FBLA Performance Events
Share Your Conference Pics
PBL Performance Events
Lindsey Ellis - Breakout Presenter
Lindsey Ellis ⬥ Chief Marketing Officer - Lindsey Ellis is an influential marketing leader with over 12 years of marketing experience in product management, new product development, brand management and marketing communications. Focusing the majority of her career within medical devices, Ellis has developed comprehensive marketing strategies and programs for her roles in organizations ranging from start-ups to fortune 500 companies.
Melissa Jacobs - Breakout Presenter
Melissa earned her bachelor’s degree in journalism from Ball State University. Her career spans more than 25 years of ensuring brands effectively leverage their awareness through strategic activation, advertising and integrated marketing. She has lead multiple name entitlement sponsorships in major sports and music venues as well activations and media strategies for key national and world-wide sporting events, IndyCar and NASCAR drivers.
Randy Reichmann - Breakout Presenter
Randy Reichmann was previously the Indianapolis Region CEO and a member of the Old National Bancorp Executive Leadership Group from 2006 - 2016. Prior to ONB, Randy managed the Commercial Banking Group for Huntington National Bank in Indianapolis and spent 20 years with JP Morgan Chase in Arizona and Indiana. He is a graduate of the University of Illinois. Randy is an active volunteer in the Indianapolis area. He serves with a variety of organizations including INHP, Center for Leadership Development, Butler Board of Visitors and Shepherd Community Center. In addition, he is committed to mentoring, including with his little brother from Big Brothers Big sisters, even though he has aged out of the program and serves as Treasurer for Edge Mentoring. He and his wife, Kim, have been married 37 years and have three children and one grandchild.
Jen Bernhart - Breakout Presenter
Jen Bernhardt is Director of Membership Engagement at DirectEmployers Association. Known for her high-energy and motivated personality, Jen has been assisting and educating members of the Association on VEVRAA and Section 503 compliance regulations for more than six years. Through her position with DirectEmployers, Jen regularly aids employers by providing OFCCP audit support and compliance training to ensure that each team member is kept updated on the regulations, as well as the technology available to them through their membership. When not in the office, this life-long sports enthusiast can be found enjoying a competitive game of volleyball with her husband and friends or spending quality time with her children, Charlotte and Jasper.
Sunday, March 11, 2018
FBLA-PBL State Officer Team
- Lily Schenkel, FBLA President
- Christian Abney, FBLA Executive Vice President
- Hunter Houser, FBLA Vice President
- Evan Gnott, FBLA Treasurer
- Gabbie Thompson, FBLA Historian
- Jacob Ashburn, FBLA Reporter
- Adam Boniface, FBLA Parliamentarian
FBLA State Executive Board
- Ethan Anderson, Bishop Dwenger HS
- Victoria Cooper, Bishop Dwenger HS
- John Henry Reith, Bishop Dwenger HS
- Joshua Wolfe, Bishop Dwenger HS
Indiana FBLA-PBL State Committee
- FBLA-PBL State Chair, Julie Jerzak
- FBLA State Adviser, Andrea Weadock
- FBLA State Associate Adviser, Denise Corbin
- FBLA State Associate Adviser, Cindy Merrick
- FBLA-PBL Business and Industry Representative, Lauren Neilan
2018 NLC–Baltimore, Maryland
- PBL: June 23–26
- FBLA: June 28–July 1 2018
National Fall Leadership Conferences
- Chicago, Illinois (November 2–3)
- Albuquerque, New Mexico (November 9–10)
- Charlotte, North Carolina (November 16–17)