- Second Agricultural Revolution: benefited from the industrial revolution
- it occurred from 1700 to 1900
- there was an increase in production and distribution of products
they added more farming equipment during this time. this is a seed plow.
- Third Agricultural Revolution: Biotechnology (it is more intense)
- Mechanization was replacing animal and human labor in the United States during the late nineteenth century.
this is an example of modern day farming.
- Genetically modified organisms (GMO's): Plants and animals changed as a result of biotechnology.
- Now there is not so many diseases or pests in farms
- Pros: more resistance to weeds, pests and disease. Sometimes more nutritional value
- Cons:mixing genes from different organisms, some GM foods are marketed without labeling.