weekly school News
You will receive an email from the office each Friday afternoon/evening that will provide you with the latest information/news regarding MIS. You should also receive correspondence from your child's teachers each Friday or Monday with classroom/grade level updates. Please find below the first MIS News for the 2019-20 school year
1. School Dismissal Manager:
Maxwell Intermediate School utilizes the School Dismissal Manager program or app to safely manage transportation arrangements for our students at the end of the day. Parents may also report absences or schedule early dismissal for appointments. We are currently building our rosters for the 2019 - 2020 school year. We are hopeful that you will be receiving a welcome email from School Dismissal Manager by the end of next week. Please click on the link in the email to set up your account for this year. We will begin using School Dismissal Manager on Monday, August 5th. Please call the office August 1st and August 2nd, if you need to change your student's transportation at the end of the day. If you have any questions regarding this program, please do not hesitate to contact our office at (317)326-3121.
2. 2019-20 Lunch Times: Please notice times are different depending on the day.
3. Maxwell Pick-up/Drop-off - Doors open at 7:35am/Pick up - 2:10pm Dismissal
Again this year, you will enter the drive west of the football field off of 500 North (BLUE LINE on picture below). The drop-off point will be located at the northeast doors (Gym). You will loop around and exit onto 500 North. If it is a possibility, we would encourage as many of you to head west on 500 North to eliminate some of the congestion on State Road 9.
Our south parking (ORANGE/RED) lot is for busses only between 7:20-7:55am and 1:35-2:25pm as busses stage there. At any other time of the day, this is used for parent parking.
The drive on the far north of our property is for bus traffic only. There should be no parent traffic on this drive at any time.
3. MIS Spiritwear: To order MIS gear, please click here.
4. PTO News:
Parents and Families—this year’s main fundraiser is the MAXWELL INTERMEDIATE SCHOOL FUN RUN! It’s a two-week program that kicks off with a Pep Rally on Monday, August 19th. Families will then gather pledges for every lap your student runs/walks (30-35 fun laps) at the Maxwell Intermediate School Fun Run, which will happen on Friday, August 30th. This year our goal is to raise $15,000 for Field trips, Transportation fees, Student and Teacher supplies and incentives, and we need your help! We’ve asked the experts at Booster to power our fundraiser to make it easier, more profitable, and more fun.
Students will also experience an amazing character theme, MINDSPARK: WILD WEST! Booster’s most exciting theme yet combines S.T.E.A.M. skills (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math) with character-building. While they're teaming up with the MindSpark Kids to save Dr. Shock, our students will learn five character traits that will help strengthen themselves and our world.
Donations will go toward supporting our school, teachers, and students during the entire two-week experience. So please help our school by getting pledges from family and friends and entering them on FUNRUN.COM. Also, all families are invited to come out and cheer on our students at the MIS FUN RUN. You and your student will receive more information on this great event on August 19th, 2019. Thanks so much for your support!
5. 2019-20 Supply Lists: CLICK HERE: These lists have also been dropped off at Wal-Mart in Greenfield.
6. 2019-20 Textbook Fees
- Textbook Rental: We would like to remind you that book rental payment is due no later than the first day of school. If you are on deferred payment, then the due date will be September 15th this year. We will have staff available to collect payment (cash or check) during open house should you like to take advantage of this opportunity. To avoid this line, please feel free to send with your child on the first day of school.
7. 2019-20 4th Grade Open House/Meet the Teacher Night: 6:30-7:30pm Monday, July 29th
You will be able to meet your child's teachers. Your child will also have the opportunity to practice opening lockers and place items in them should they desire to do so. Again, we encourage you to print or hand write your locker number/combo as well as your schedule during the online registration process to save yourself from standing in line waiting during the open house event.
- Parents, information will be presented regarding the 1 to 1 computer program during this evening. You can view this at either 6:45 or 7:15 in your child's homeroom teacher's classroom.
8. Volunteer Forms (CLICK HERE)
- Once you are on the above page, click on the red apply button in the upper right hand corner to complete the process.
-If you plan to attend a field trip at any time during the year or volunteer in your child's classroom, we would encourage you to complete this as soon as possible. If you have not completed and passed this background check, you will not be able to participate in these events. It is at no cost to you so if you even remotely believe you might like to help out, please do this now. There is nothing worse than telling you in May that you cannot go on a trip with your child because this process has not been completed. Again, please take care of this now.
9. Medical Information - Please check the link for the latest on immunization and medical plan information.
Walk in immunization clinics are being held at the Hancock County Health Department. Clinics will be held July 29-August 3rd, from 9am-3pm each day. Call 317-477-1125 for more information.
10. 2019-20 Corporation School Calendar
11. 2019-20 School Lunch Prices:
Student Breakfast: $1.75
K-6 Lunch: $2.75
K-6 Adult Lunch: $3.40
12. 2019-20 MIS Parent Event Calendar: This link will allow you to view our most up-to-date calendar. It will update as changes/additions are made throughout the year.
Keeping Up With the Latest Information at MIS
Click the button below for more details
MIS PTO Email Contact: MaxwellPTO.firstname.lastname@example.org
- MIS Twitter Feeds (#proud2bMIS, #MISgotchas)
July 29th: 4th Grade Meet the Teacher Night/Open House 6:30-7:30pm
August 1st: First Student Day of the 2019-20 School Year (GOLD DAY)
November 7th: E-Learning Day
February 5th: E-Learning Day
OPPORTUNITIES AROUND MIS, GC, AND THE LOCAL COMMUNITY
Stay tuned for updates as we receive them throughout the year.