Infants can develop very quickly. Even in as little as 12 months!
The First Month
During the first month the baby develops a lot.
They learn how to...
- Lift head when laying on stomach
- Turn head from side to side from stomach
- Knows parents voices
- Smile :)
The Second Month
The baby starts to learn to...
- Make sounds ex. ooh and aah
- Watches objects that are 6" from their face
- Responds to more voices and pitches of voices
The Third Month
During the third month the baby learns to...
- Open and close hands
- Bring hands together
- When held up baby should be able to hold own head up
- When on stomach lifts head and chest
- Swipes at objects
The Forth Month
During the forth month the baby will learn to...
- Support upper body with hands
- Prefers red and blue objects
- Able to grasp rattle
- Puts hands in mouth
- Able to roll from stomach to back on the ground
The Fifth Month
In the fifth month of life the baby will be able to...
- Rocks on stomach
- Kicks legs
- Makes swimming motions with arms
- Reaches out and grabs toys
- Turns head in direction of sound
- Knows positive speech from unpositive speech
The Sixth Month
During the sixth month of life the baby learns to...
- Can pass objects from one hand to he other
- Puts objects in mouth with hand
- Recognizes sounds from parents language
The Seventh Month
Through the seventh month the baby learns to...
- Roll over (both ways)
- Sits up
- Stands with assistance
- Knows parents and caregivers by voices and sight
- Can follow objects with eyes
- Grabs for objects in raking motion
The Eighth Month
During the eighth month the baby starts to...
- Pulls self up standing
- Bangs toys together
- Looks at objects with full attention
The Ninth Month
Throughout the ninth month the baby learns to...
- Use fingers to poke
- Puts objects in containers
- Leans forward to pick up toys
- Notices small items
- Associating sounds with objects
The Tenth Month
The baby starts to...
- Crawl very well
- Imitates new words
- Points with index finger