Greenhill Resources to the Rescue
Use MackinVia to access eBooks, audio books, online magazines, book suggestions, and online databases during the summer
- With a student login, our eBooks and audio books can be downloaded to your computer or device (using the app) so you can access them without internet service
- Try downloading our audio books to your smart phone and listening to them in the car by plugging your phone into your speaker system
- Many of the lower school online databases include games and activity sheets
To access MackinVia:
- To use on a computer, go to www.MackinVia.com
- If you wish to use on an electronic device, download the MackinVIA app from the App Store, Google Play, or Windows Store
- In the School box start typing “Greenhill” and select either Greenhill Lower School (grades 1-4), Greenhill Middle School (grades 5-7), or Greenhill Upper School (grades 8-12)
- Student User ID: the first part of the student’s email address before the “@greenhill.org”. For some that will be their lastnamefirstintital. Example: shahm. For some that will be their lastnamefirstinitialgraduationyear. Example: jonesd19 (all lower case)
- Student Password: the student’s ID number (3-5 digits)
- Once you are logged in, you may search all of our online resources easily. The categories on the left side will help you search specific types of resources more efficiently (databases, eBooks, audio books, etc.)
MackinVia Generic Login: (with this login, you cannot checkout or download eBooks or audio books but you may use them online)
- username: greenhillus (upper school)
- username: greehillms (middle school)
- username: greenhill (lower school)
- password: hornets
eBooks: If you are directed to another login, use your MackinVia username and password to log in. Your eBook will then open in Follett. Use the drop down menu at the book icon to check out the book. These books can be read and downloaded on your devices by using the free Destiny Discover app
Novelist: book read-alike recommendations and resources
To access Novelist:
- Log in to MackinVia
- Once you are logged in, type Novelist into the search bar in the upper right corner. Click the green Open Now bar to open Novelist K-8 or Novelist Plus.
- In Novelist you may search fiction or nonfiction books, narrow by age range or genre, or search specific titles or authors to find other books you might like. They also provide book lists and other tools to find books.
- Once you click on a title of a book you'll find a summary, reviews, read-alikes, and a button, Check the Library Catalog, you can click on to see if we have that title in our library.
- Take some time to browse Novelist. You'll find book discussion guides, picture book extenders, and book lists under Quick Links.
- You can use the free MackinVia app to access Novelist on your devices.