Choose the Right Pillow if you're a Side Sleeper
- Measure. In a standing position, measure the distance between your ear and shoulder. When you lay down this will align your forehead, chin and sternum so they are in a neutral position
- Support. Your chest should be supported by a dense pillow so you don't roll on your stomach
- Alignment. A small but thick pillow should be between your knees so your hips don't roll forward.
- Stress matters. If you've got a lot going on and your mind won't turn off try taking some magnesium. Magnesium plays a role in supporting deep, restorative sleep by maintaining healthy levels of sleep promoting neurotransmitters.
- Environment Matters. Make sure your room is very dark. Even the slightest bit of light has been linked to inability to sleep and disrupts REM patterns.
- Screen time Matters. Your phone emits blue light the effects your sleep cycles. Turn it off minimum 2 hours before your bedtime to help your body begin melatonin production.
Created with images by Alexandra Gorn - "girl" • Zohre Nemati - "Alone" • Claudio_Scott - "woman asleep girl" • Tracey Hocking - "Cosy"