Postgraduate: Entirely online Master of Biostatistics; Australian Citizens only. Accredited course for SSA "Graduate Statistician"
Two Streams: Health or Mathematics background as undergraduates
"Mature Age": Career-changers or DIY
Part-time: hard to articulate subject for full-time enrolment
1. Bayesian Theory & Logic
Design Framework: "Flipped Classroom" - Daniel & Helen pres.
- materials distributed in advance
- adult learners
- practice recognising maths (B)
- contact with written theory (B)...
- ...some students need revision (CL)
- ...different backgrounds and strengths (CL)
- ...and repetition (B)
2. Bayesian Data Analysis
- bi-directional dialogue between learner and teacher
- autonomy plus guidance
- forms and affordances: narrative, interaction, communicative, adaptive, productive
Learning Theory: Social Constructivism - see Brooke and Katie's presentation
- teachers and students form a "community of practice" to tackle realistically complex problems
- those more able can help others "step up" (ZPD)
Created with images by Antoine Dautry - "System of equations" • Mark König - "Road sign for curved road ahead. Storytelling: Could also be used when things are / were not realized in a direct way." • Nathan Dumlao - "untitled image" • Kekai AhSam - "My brother backflipping off a local spot in Waikiki, Oahu called “Walls”. Got very lucky with this shot shooting into the sun. Also made some great memories at this spot." • Akson - "We were in the 44th teaching building of Tianjin University. I took this graduation photo for my seniors. This is my first shoot in my photography career. Thanks a lot for the opportunity my seniors afford to me."