MY main challenges:
- lack of skill - overcome by simplistic design. This challenge helped me figure out what I like, and pushed me to do more of it.
- creating with confines - advertising a client was challenging because I did not get to make every choice on my terms. This taught me compromise skills, and the art of building a brand for someone other than myself.
- knowledge of music
- ability to capture a musician's personality and/or an album's theme in design
- incorporating my own photos into designs
I researched the musician in order to make this concert poster thematically correct.
I took this photo, and edited it to fit the theme of the album.
In real life:
- I want to work in the music industry, possibly interviewing musicians.
- I could use the skill set of being able to depict an artist well through design, and adapt those skills to doing the same through writing, and maybe even photos.
to stay true to who i envision myself to be
to allow my vision to grow + change along w/ me
to consider my vision in all projects i take on
my work's common themes
- simple design
- continual use of Raleway font
- both blatant and subtle advertisement of what I love
thank you for listening!