- To review the current status of gender mainstreaming in the water sector in the SADC region
- To share experiences through case studies and impact assessments on gender mainstreaming in the water sector in the SADC region
- To identify bottlenecks in gender mainstreaming in the water sector
- To improve cooperation and integration between the Gender Machinery and the Gender Focal Points (GFPs) in the Ministries of Water in Member States
- To contribute to a concrete Programme of Work for the GFPs in the Water Ministries
- To identify future capacity development needs and a platform for continued learning
Targeteing the Gender Focal Points in the water sector and SADC Gender Machinery Representatives from the 15 SADC Member States.