Submissions for this project included open interpretations of the following prompts:
- A short letter to someone you would like to have breakfast with, but cannot for some reason (can be specifically addressed, or kept anonymous).
- A piece of tableware or cutlery from your kitchen table or house: cups, forks, plates, bowls, mugs, etc. (this can be of any material).
- A piece of mail that has found its way to your kitchen/breakfast table (if you wish for sensitive information to be removed, either do this physically with marker, or make note of this below).
- A short letter to yourself or another, declaring your favorite breakfast.
- A short letter to yourself or another, describing a favorite breakfast you have had before. - A receipt from a breakfast purchased.
- A physical photo of a breakfast.
- Another archival remnant of your own experience with breakfast that you feel is in the spirit of this project.
All of the materials were then processed into a tile form, and included in a large installation in a now-uninhabitable home lovingly named, Laurel.