As one of South Dakota’s most recognizable landmarks, the DakotaDome has been a cornerstone of Coyote athletics for decades. Our goal is to ensure it remains a cornerstone by transforming the DakotaDome into a championship-level facility befitting a highly competitive Division I athletics program.
When it comes to recruiting top athletes and building lifelong fans, a university’s training and gameday facilities are as important as its reputation. In fact, a 2016 study showed that 99 percent of surveyed schools planned to invest in space improvements in the next five years. Infrastructure updates and state-of-the-art amenity upgrades will ensure South Dakota remains not only competitive but continues to lead the way.
Now is the time to invest in the DakotaDome, to celebrate the tradition and achievements that have created the legacy of USD athletics, and to build a strong future for the student-athletes and fans of tomorrow.
What are the priorities of this project?
The DakotaDome will transform in phases to keep the ball moving down the field. The first phase focuses on the west side and will include:
- A football locker room, team meeting spaces and offices that excite and advance student-athletes
- A USD-worthy game experience with new permanent seating, club seating, concessions and services
- Smart lighting, sound and operational efficiencies
- Two new main entrances to the facility on the west side
Future phases will include:
- Upgrades to locker room and office elements for all sports
- Updated administrative and support spaces
- Competition and training areas for all sports
- New playing surface for football and track
- Modern concourse and fan amenities on east side of the DakotaDome