Pics of some of the baskets that will be auctioned at the Shamrock Shindig on May 17th!
This basket is donated by the Anvil Points Quilt Guild!
MAY DATES TO REMEMBER
More information on the flyers in this newsletter
- 5/1 - Project Add/Drop deadline
- 5/1 - Horse and Dog ID sheet upload deadline
- 5/1 - Breeding animal possession/upload deadline
- 5/1 - Open Ride - IA - 6pm - English emphasis
- 5/1 - Dog Training - SH - 7pm
- 5/2 - Air Shooting Practice - SH - 6pm
- 5/2 - Food Safety Training - Meeker
- 5/3 - NO PROJECT CLUBS
- 5/3 - Weigh in - Sheep, Goat, Swine
- 5/4 - Weigh in - Sheep, Goat, Swine
- 5/6 - SS Range Practice - Sportsmans Club - 6-8pm
- 5/7 - Canning Class - New Castle - 6-9pm
- 5/7 - Fair Board mtg - BOCC room - GWS - 6pm
- 5/8 - Mason Bee Wkshp - Montrose
- 5/8 - Dog Training - SH - 7pm
- 5/9 - Air Shooting Practice - SH - 6pm
- 5/9 - Open Ride - IA - 6pm
- 5/10 - Friday Clubs - EH - Cooking w/kids & Western Dance 10-noon, Quilting noon-2pm; and Robotics - 1-3pm
"Dog Fun" basket donated by Muddy Paws 4-H Club!
MAY DATES TO REMEMBER - continued
- 5/11 - Dandelion Days - Carbondale
- 5/11 - Cottage Foods class in Spanish 9-noon - Rifle
- 5/13 - Horse Advisory Meeting - Ext Office - 6:30pm
- 5/13 - SS Range Practice - Sportsmans Club - 6-8pm
- 5/15 - Open Ride - OA - 6pm
- 5/15 - Dog Training - SH - 7pm
- 5/16 - Air Shooting Practice - SH - 6pm
- 5/17 - Friday Clubs - Outdoor Fun Day 9-noon at Lion's Pond; Western Dance - NH - 1-3pm
- 5/17 - Shamrock Shindig - IA - 4-10 pm
- 5/17 - Live Auction - IA - 7pm
- 5/18 - Rifle Rendezvous - Fairgrounds
- 5/18 - Healthy Lands Open House - Silt
- 5/19 - Rifle Rendezvous - Fairgrounds
- 5/20 - SS Range Practice - Sportsmans Club - 6-8pm NO MUZZLE PRACTICE
- 5/20 - Duck & Pheasant Uploads deadline in 4honline.com
"Outdoor Fun" basket donated by Rugged Desperadoes 4-H Club!
MAY DATES TO REMEMBER - continued
- 5/21 - Leadership class - EH - 7pm
- 5/21 - 4-H County Council meeting - EH - 7:30pm OFFICER ELECTIONS
- 5/22 - Dog Training - SH - 7pm
- 5/23 - Air Shooting Practice - SH 6pm
- 5/23 - Open Ride - IA - 6pm - Trail Pattern Practice
- 5/24 - Friday Clubs - - Jr. Master Gardener 10am-noon; Quilting noon-2pm
- 5/25 - Gymkhana - IA - 8am-4pm
- 5/27 - Office Closed
- 5/27 - NO SS PRACTICE
- 5/28 - Canning Class - New Castle - 6-9pm
- 5/28 - Superintendents' meeting - EH - 5:30
- 5/28 - LMC meeting - EH - 6:30pm
- 5/29 - Dog Training - SH - 7pm
- 5/29 - Shooting Sports Council mtg - NH - 7pm
- 5/30 - Horse Class - 6pm - NO HORSES - trail equip maintenance
"Gone Fishing" basket donated by Country Roots 4-H Club!
STATE CONFERENCE REGISTRATION DEADLINE IS FRIDAY, MAY 17TH!!! CONFERENCE IS OPEN TO ALL 4-H MEMBERS AGES 14-18! KAYCEE MANUPPELLA WILL BE TAKING A GROUP OVER FROM OUR COUNTY! GIVE HER A CALL AT THE EXTENSION OFFICE IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT GOING - 970-625-3969 EXT 4.
"Complete Adventure" backpack donated by our County Commissioners & County Administration!
SHOOTING SPORTS NEWS!!
Our 4-H Shooting Sports participants are selling raffle tickets for a Browning Silver Hunter 12gauge Shotgun!!! Each ticket is $20.00 and if you purchase $100.00 worth of tickets, you will receive a FREE KNIFE!!! Tickets can be purchased from Garfield County 4-H Shooting Sports youth or from the Extension Office at the Garfield County Fairgrounds.
Shooting Sports youth - please pick up shotgun raffle tickets from your club leaders or from the Extension Office to sell. Each SS youth is asked to sell a minimum of 20 tickets. The drawing for the shotgun will be on May 17th during our 4-H Shamrock Shindig.
4-H STEM AmeriCorps Junior Master Gardner
4-H STEM AmeriCorps Spring Science Experiments
We also have some fabulous Cottage Foods classes being taught by our County Director, Carla Farrand!!
Below are the declaration forms necessary for your animal uploads if you are participating in the Producer Market or Breeding Classes.