How is your Cardiovascular Health?
- 73.5 million (31.7%) of Americans have high cholesterol (LDL or "bad" cholesterol)
- 75 million (29%) of Americans have high blood pressure (hypertension)
Both of these can lead to heart attack, heart failure or stroke. However, it can be prevented through making healthier choices and through exercise!
Tips for a happy and healthy heart:
- Breath slowly and deeply for a few minutes each day - this can help lower blood pressure.
- Eat foods such as fish, nuts, fruits and veggies.
- Add more exercise to your day - exercise that gets your heart rate up (cardio) is the best!
- Stop smoking - if you do smoke, damage to your heart can be repaired.
Trying to quit smoking? The Well is here to help! For students, faculty and staff, the Well offers Quit Kits which can be found at the Well or Student Health Services. The clinic also offers gum, lozenges and other medicines at a reduced cost. You can email firstname.lastname@example.org or click here for more information.