Northern Renaissance Photo
• It occurred in countries like France, Germany, and England
• It was influenced by the Italian Renaissance
• He was an important figure in the German Renaissance
• He went to Italy during the Italian Renaissance to study art there, and possibly to escape the plague in Germany
• His father was also a painter
• He was the king's painter to King Henry VIII
• He painted both religious and secular things.
• We don't know when he was born
• He had many painters in his family including his son
• He went to a burning city and painted a picture of it
• He was also a scholar and wrote in Latin.
• As well as being a humanist, he was also a priest.
• He was a counselor to King Henry VIII.
• He wrote the book "Utopia", which is the first time someone wrote about the idea of a perfect world.
Christine de Pizan:
• She served as an author to the court of a few dukes like Charles VI.
• Her writing usually talked about women following the practice of chivalry.
• She also wrote books containing practical advice for women.