year in review university innovation allIance
UIA leaders gather for a board meeting in Chicago at the Big Ten Conference Headquarters to approve our operating plan, discuss future plans, elect leadership and hire Executive Director Bridget Burns.
Our website: www.TheUIA.org is launched.
UIA Campus Federal and Public Affairs teams organized an informational meeting on Capitol Hill with congressional staff, U.S. Department of Education leaders, and UIA representatives.
- Presidents, Chancellors, and liaisons gather for our board meeting in Orlando, FL.
- Liaisons gather at the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching to design our future scale project using Improvement Science.
- A national search for UIA Fellows is launched.
- The Institutional Research Innovation cluster reconvenes to revisit, evaluate, and make recommendations about improving our collaborative attainment goals.
We raise our collaborative goal to graduate 68,000 additional students by 2025, at least half of whom will be low-income students.
- Alliance campus leaders are invited to the White House Summit, and the UIA Chair is invited to speak about our work on stage.
- Other collaborative groups form as a result of our work to advance a collaborative student success track at the College Opportunity Summit.
- UIA leaders are invited to share about our work at various national forums and events including Association of Governing Boards, Opportunity America, and the Association of American Colleges & Universities' Centennial Annual Meeting.
- UIA representatives meet with the Senate HELP committee staff to share about the UIA and our long term goals.
- Campus Student Success Teams form across the UIA.
Our first collaborative scale project is launched
- Campus Student Success Teams begin their work.
- The UIA holds our first scale project collaborative visit at Georgia State University, attended by 80 representatives across the UIA.
- UIA Fellows begin to be hired.
- UIA Executive Committee meets in Scottsdale, AZ at the ASU+GSV Summit, where our work is featured during four separate panels with five UIA presidents and chancellors on stage.
APRIL 20-21, 2015: CAMPUS STUDENT SUCCESS TEAMS CONVENE IN TEMPE, AZ.
- Campus student success teams come together in Tempe Arizona to learn about ASU's use of eAdvisor, adaptive learning, and other student success intervention.
- Teams meet privately to advance their workplans, and share their progress among the entire group.
- April 27: UIA Executive Director Bridget Burns testifies before the California Committee for Awards for Higher Education Innovation. UIA member UC Riverside is one of the winners.
UIA leaders present about our work at the Siyaphumelela "Building Success through Data Analytics Summit" in Johannesburg, South Africa.
June 9-10, 2015: Campus Student Success Teams gather in Austin, TX
- All UIA campuses are now using or adopting predictive analytics, working with a variety of technology partners and seven different platforms.
- UIA Fellow are now hired on ten campuses, supporting campus scaling projects and sharing collaboratively.
- Innovation Clusters form around a variety of key topics including financial sustainability, faculty development and engagement, predictive analytics/data management, academic advising, and technology/CIO's.
June 18, 2015: UIA Presidents and Chancellors meet in Washington, D.C.