Parent Liaison Role
• The parent liaison works with families to communicate the importance of attendance and maintains a positive working relationship between the family and the school.
• The parent liaison can offer school staff a “full picture” of what is happening in a student’s life.
• The parent liaison can work with the attendance team to establish positive expectations for good attendance with students and their families
Examples of Attendance Initiatives
• 21 days, uniform free day
• Teachers who get attendance in accurately and consistently, Bennigan’s lunch or drawing for prize
• Weekly attendance incentives, linked to health (what’s in your smoothie)
• Door hanger if have purpose attendance, cupcakes if there all week
• Perfect attendance for individuals: local business gift (ice cream, chick fil a)
• Students who had chronic absences last year and have perfect attendance this year, parents were given a thank you letter and a gift certificate
• One school has weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly reward system and incentives
• Quarterly: lunch on stage (decorated)
• Yearly: day at the pool at Boys and Girls Club
• Lunch with liaison if they maintain, given certificate if maintained
• Businesses that have been helpful and offered prizes: Dodges, Chick Fil A, WalMart