Learn more about i2k Oilfield Places and how quickly you can find what you are looking for in unstructured content lost in file shares, the cloud or in the enterprise silos. Click below for more details or a demonstration.
i2k Oilfield Places is a microservice within the i2k Connect® AI Platform that recognizes and disambiguates references to places of interest. i2k Oilfield Places exposes a taxonomy that characterizes places from both a geopolitical and a geological perspective. Customers benefit from rapid identification and auto-classification of structured and unstructured content, which accelerates their ability to find and leverage the data they need now.
Curated Oilfield Places Entity Knowledge Base
i2k Oilfield Places offers highly accurate, fast, and scalable named entity recognition and auto classification using AI-based natural language processing and machine learning algorithms. Capabilities of i2k Oilfield Places include:
- Identifying references to Oilfield Places by variations of their names when names occur in a written context that is likely to be a true positive reference to such places.
- Rejecting apparent references to Oilfield Places in written text that are unlikely to be true references to such places.
- Disambiguating Oilfield Place names by using context from neighboring text in the form of geopolitical references, references to unambiguous place names, or references to ambiguous place names that are jointly unambiguous.
- Taxonomizing Oilfield Places into a hierarchy defined geopolitically (regions, countries, country regions, counties, ...) and geologically (basins, leasing areas, blocks, formations, and wells).
- Deducing geopolitical context for written text from references to places that are not Oil and Gas specific.
- Tracing Oilfield Place references to the text that contains them for explanation purposes.
i2k Oilfield Places™ Auto Classification
i2k Oilfield Places from the most general to the most specific oilfield classifications follow this general hierarchy: Region (i.e., continents), Country, Country-Region (e.g., states, provinces), Basin, Leasing Area, Block, Field, Formation, and Well. i2k Connect can combine its curated knowledge base of publicly known Oilfield Places with a customer’s proprietary places.
i2k Oilfield Places can be deployed on-premise or in the cloud, enabling a variety of big data text analytics applications via a REST API.
i2k Connect, i2k Oilfield Places and the i2k logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of i2k Connect Inc. and/or its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries. All other product and company names and marks mentioned in this document are the property of their respective owners and are mentioned for identification.