Minutes 3.6 Secretary, Regan Cobb

Convocation given by Senator Brock.

Roll taken by Secretary Cobb

Senators Webb, Schmucker, Sunyer, Newton, McMeekin, Hooper, Kibler, Hume, Crosland, DuBro, and Reinert found absent.

Dr. Griffin

Dean of Undergraduate Studies

Early Success Program

Bridge Program

Summer Session

Office of Teaching Effectively

90% retention rate

Academic advising

Big steps: transition into canvas, electronic catalog

LW: I am a double major. Could you talk about improvements on this system?

JG: With the new advising plans we are trying to make the communication between different colleges more cohesive. Student Success Collaborative is the newest program.

LS: Do you know any information about giving ROTC priority registration?

JG: We are trying. I can’t promise, but it is on our radar.

JH: Have you thought of peer advising?

JG: It is something we are working on it.

PB: Has there been talk about CI helping in this effort?

JG: We are working on this.

SP: Is there an annual meeting about how registration works?

JG: Getting them to go through the training is difficult.

MM: I’ve had friends struggle from moving from adviser to adviser, could you elaborate on this process?

JG: We are working on making it a priority.

ML: Could you speak more on SAS?

JG: It’s a small staff. The number has increased from 600-6,000.

GN: Not every student has the education of personal planning, and I was wondering what we could do to change that?

JG: We need to determine what Gen Eds should consist of.

AA:Leland Dunwoodie

  • Shoutout
  • Jumbotron
  • MCAT Panel
  • Calm Before the Roar
  • Driving
  • Ally Training
  • Updates
  • International Student Event
  • Projects
  • Interview Absence Policy
  • Open Access Resources
  • NIMS w/ Perry
  • Your Voice.
  • Pre-med packet
  • DIRS
  • Shanna Hirsch | Educational Research
  • Tuesday | 12:30pm | Cooper Lobby
  • Ideas for AA
  • Ideas Form
  • Contact Info
  • Leland Dunwoodie | 269-759-4768 | ldunwoo@g.clemson.edu

A: Trevor Newton

  • Ticketing Updates
  • Chugging along here
  • Campus Recreation Updates
  • Clemson Marketing Committee
  • Calm before the Roar
  • GREAT SUCCESS
  • Passed out a lot of T-shirts and the crowd responded well
  • Thank you to all of you who came and supported CBTR and Clemson Basketball
  • Collegiate Club Restructure
  • Looking to set up a meeting with the Athletic Department to discuss a proposal for the restructure
  • BASKETBALL UPDATES
  • Two wins in a row
  • FOOTBALL UPDATES
  • 2016 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS (This will stay here every week)
  • Contact Info: Phone: (864)-508-6334
  • Email: trevorn@g.clemson.edu

CL: Robert Lee

  • Feminine hygiene products will be installed in campus vending machines within the next two weeks.
  • Rachel has received strong support from various student organizations for the multicultural dining days.
  • Will be meeting with Aramark/student groups soon to discuss authentic cuisines
  • Input for Campus Life? Mention it here! http://goo.gl/forms/9iOUDqvkVn

F&P: Lindsey Wright

  • SPRING BUDGET HEARINGS WERE THIS WEEK
  • Long pieces of funding legislation will be going through; make sure you give them your due diligence
  • One piece of legislation for all of Big 6 organization funding
  • One piece of legislation for all of Club Sports funding
  • I sent out detailed notes from last year, the year before, and this year so PLEASE do not ask superfluous questions that have already been answered in that documentation
  • Wrapping up with AJ, Nathan, + Christian to pass off updated handbook to the next Senate + archive to website
  • Molly’s MCAT panel was very successful
  • Miller waiting to hear back from the Chief of Police on Safety Poles
  • Cole working on ways to finalize CU Financial Literacy Team and ensure that a student will consistently serve on that committee in his absence
  • Financial Awareness week begins March 27th! Look out for more info on events or ways to get involved
  • As always, hmu if you have any questions or just wanna chat (864) 421-5006 @lindseywrong

HHS: Jess Schnorr

  • Number one priority: project sustainability for HHS future
  • Discrimination and orgs is in legal
  • Janay is still building community partnerships for youth violence prevention coalition, transitioning with Olivia
  • SAAM events:
  • Kick-Off Event, 1-3pm, Amphitheatre
  • Survivor Speakout, Tillman, 7-10pm & Clothesline Project
  • Dancing with the Stars, Tillman, @ 6pm
  • Survivors of Suicide Speakers Panel: March 7th @ 6:30 PM in Brackett 224
  • Make mental health your priority. hmu: 843.619.1555 // jschnor@g.clemson.edu // @yayyjesss // snapchat me: yayyjesss // be my guardian in Clem

T&F: Jacob McMeekin

  • Major Projects for the Semester:
  • Bike Share Implementation
  • Install first week of April
  • LEV Commuter Permits
  • Second Read
  • Potential Green Crescent Trail Resolution with CCD
  • Second Read
  • Game Day Transit Options
  • Planning group meeting
  • Continued Red Route Discussions
  • Long Range Presentation on the 7th
  • Committee with CATbus meeting is the 9th
  • Parking and Transportation:
  • Electric Buses being tested currently
  • ZipCar subsidy for incoming Freshman
  • PATS to pay registration fee and first 35 hours of rental
  • West Resident Students will be kept in R-3 and West End zone
  • Uber moving forward
  • Contract negotiations under way
  • Looking at hours of 10- 2 or 3
  • Facilities:
  • Long-Range Framework Plan Mobility:
  • Full presentation as promised: http://clemsonframeworkplan.com/assets/WorkSession3_20170215_MASTER_FINAL_for%20website.pdf

US: Dory Askins

  • Remote proctoring committee – Courtney
  • ITSAB emergency funding “Coding Club” - $750
  • Food summit
  • Iroar governance board – Thomas
  • my.Clemson app 2.0 – working on some sort of resource list that you can send to out to students along with the CUSG emails
  • NROTC is moving forward
  • Yield time to Perry to talk about NIMS
  • Fun fact: if you want to be certified to 3-D print, you can do so at this link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfPFZQzk_g_BdkEkGU1wKreFsgp-5XspckVVTrFpeW6-BGjpQ/viewform?c=0&w=1&usp=already_responded

Clerk: Steven Patrick

  • The Senate Cookout was great!

Secretary: Regan Cobb

  • Continue filling out PP awards!
  • Baton
  • MTS

Pro-temp: Samuel Reinert

  • Thanks to everyone who came out to the cookout, huge shout out to driving for taking care of all of it
  • If you’re thinking about a chair/vice chair position for next term hmu and we can talk

Student Body VP: Nicki Seidman

  • International Student focus groups this week
  • International Festival is April 9th
  • CUSG Banquet is March 30th (date has changed)
  • This will be when transitions happen
  • If anyone wants to hang Spring Scene fliers with me, lmk
  • Transfer Council Success Week this week
  • #fossilfreeday is this Friday!
  • Shag for Ag is March 30th
  • Tentative date for CCD Service Day is April 15th

President: David Gundana

  • More elections!
  • Order of the Tiger (share share share)
  • Last 2 senates. Make sure you start transitioning and talking to your chairs about next year

Old Business

Resolution No.15

To Express Support for the Creation of a Task Force to Write, Review, and Establish a Values Statement for Clemson University

Author: Nicki Seidman

JL: con

BS: pro

JS: con

LW: pro

MM: con

SP: pro

LD: con

LW: pro

AC: con

MR: pro

MM: Motion to call resolution to question

Resolution passes

Resolution No.16

Authors: Mando Smoak and JacobMcMeekin

SS: con

BB: pro

CH: con

KS: pro

JH: con

MF: pro

JS: con

MF: pro

AC: con

MM: pro

JL: con

MR: pro

PB: con

SP: pro

JH: I motion to call this resolution to question.

Resolution passes

Resolution No.17

To Express Support for the Green Crescent Trail System

Authors: Will DeAustino and Jacob McMeekin

MM: I move the call this resolution to question.

Resolution passes

New Business

Bill No.44

Spring Budget Hearings

Author: Molly Makos

BB: Will you speak on the cuts made to the Women’s Basketball team?

FH: They were asking for double the amount of jerseys.

MF: Do you mean cut you got rid of or you cut partially?

FH: Cut partially.

PB: Can you tell me about this paint ball field?

FH: We cut that amount.

BB: Suspend the rules and send this bill into 2nd read.

SS: Motion to send bill back to F&P.

Bill No.45

Spring Budget Hearings

Author: Molly Makos

RL: Can you speak to renting out buildings on campus?

FH: There is an agreement for Hendrix and Tillman.

PB: Can you speak to the breakdown of organizations?

LW: These notes are for the purpose of writing the bill.

NS: Suspend the rules and send bill into 2nd read.

NS: con

JH: pro

JL: con

LD: pro

NS: con

BB: pro

PB: con

LW: pro

JL: con

JH: pro

BB: con

BB: Motion to pass bill by parts

RR: pro

AC: con

NM: pro

RS: con

RS: I move to approve this bill by parts.

BB: pro

NS: con

LW: pro

ML: con

JH: pro

AC: con

MH: pro

PB: con

RR: pro

JL: con

NM: pro

CH: Motion to call this bill to question.

AC: pro

JS: Motion to approve this bill by parts

Created By
Regan Cobb
Appreciate

Made with Adobe Slate

Make your words and images move.

Get Slate

Report Abuse

If you feel that this video content violates the Adobe Terms of Use, you may report this content by filling out this quick form.

To report a Copyright Violation, please follow Section 17 in the Terms of Use.