It's been an another excellent week and the children continue to show amazing resilience in all aspects of school life. Thank you for taking the time to attend our parents evening online and hope that you found the conversations with your child's class teacher useful. We hope the bank holiday serves as a good opportunity for everyone to recharge their batteries and look forward to seeing everyone back in school on Tuesday.
In the background we are busy making plans for the next few weeks and also the next academic year. We're approaching everything with cautious optimism but it certainly looks like an exciting few months ahead.
- Sports day is planned for 5th July (we don't know whether parents will be able to attend yet but we hope so! Please bear with us whilst we await guidance from the local authority)
- Neeld hall is booked for our Key Stage 2 Christmas play!
- Residentials are being booked for Y4, Y5 and Y6 next year.
- An artist will be working with children across the school on 28th June to create a 'River of Hope'.
- The 200 metre running track is booked in to be built during half term.
- We aim to refurbish Otters and Hedgehogs class.
- We are hoping to convert our IT suite into a brand new library.
- At least £7000 is budgeted for new books (including a £3000 grant from Chippenham Borough Lands).
- Our ambition is open the bungalow in September Please click here to add your name to our volunteer list.
- Young Voices is booked in for our school choir.
You may have seen the new wooden sheds on the KS1 and KS2 playgrounds. These are our new welly racks/storage and will soon be in use.
It was lovely to welcome Chippenham Sports Partnership back into school this morning. The children from Squirrels and Owls had a great time learning all about Orienteering.
You can see what the Chippenham Sports Partnership have been doing during lockdown in the report attached to the newsletter.
We currently have some spaces on our governing body and would love to hear from anyone who is interested. We value all skills and interests and know we have lots of people in our school community who could bring so much to our governors. We would be delighted to discuss this further with anyone who may be interested. If you would like to know more please record your details by clicking below.
School governor interest
Thank you to all the children who have returned their outstanding library books and thank you to those who have let us know their books are lost.
We are still keen to receive as many of the outstanding books back as possible. The school library books can be identified by the small barcode on the inside of the front cover. If you find any at home, please bring them to the school office so that they can be added back onto the system. Thank you.
Congratulation in week 2 to: Viraj, Delilah-May, Bea, Lydia, Amelie, Hollie, Courtney, Oliver and Lewis
Hot Chocolate Friday
This weeks achievers are: Ella, Harry, Isabelle and Aayan
Our Star Writers this week are: Arthur, Lyla, Elsie, Kaitlyn, Lorena, Rilah, Lilly, Charlie and Brooklyn
Work of the Week
KS1 Work of the Week
Congratulations to Aylah from Hedgehogs' class
KS2 Work of the Week
Congratulations to Vita from Pine Martens' class
Dates for your diary
On Tuesday 4th May, the school photographer will be in to take pictures of each class.
Relationships Education Evening
On Monday 10th May at 7pm , Ms Evans will be running a parents meeting on Teams to discuss our Relationships curriculum and answer any questions that you may have. Please click here to access the meeting.
Outdoor Classroom Day
We will be holding an Outdoor Classroom on Thursday 20th May. Details will be sent out soon.
Teacher Training Day
Friday 25th June is a TD day. On this day teachers will be doing training sessions on Talk4Reading and outdoor play and learning (OPAL).
TD Days 2021/22
Wednesday 1st September 21
Friday 8th April 22
Friday 17 June 22
Friday 22 July 22
Monday 25th July 22
Term Dates 2020/2021
COVID 19 - What to do if your child has suspected symptoms