Welcome to our Newsletter...
Our new communication to update you on all things Technology
This Newsletter will be circulated on a quarterly basis. It will help you understand the various technology initiatives that are coming your way within the next quarter. This will help you to prepare for changes that may impact your daily work life.
Below is the comparison from 2015 & 2016 PulsePoint Survey. Our efforts in improving the Technology service have been recognised and we are on a great path to improving the service even further in 2017. Your opinion matters to us and your feedback goes a long way in helping the BI & Technology Team provide a service that works for both external and internal clients. Watch this space for further updates on the departments continuous improvements.
Coming your way over the next Quarter...
- As part of the continuing improvements, the Technology Team are delighted to announce enhancement plans to upgrade internet and infrastructure services globally in our GCSCs – this will underpin the delivery of an improved internet and telephony service. Over the next 9 months we plan to replace your current internet connectivity with a state of the art network provided by Vodafone – with improved speeds, resilience and reliability, allowing us to control and prioritise our traffic. The team are also upgrading the internal infrastructure by replacing key security tools and upgrading the Wi-Fi solution to also improve speed, coverage and reliability.
- Fuze will be upgraded by June to Fuze Client. Fuze Client has rich functionality, is more stable and less demanding on your PC/ Laptop. It is very easy to navigate and brings all your telephony tools into one user friendly application. We have included some screen shots below as well the timetable of delivery for each site.
- What does this mean for you? This upgrade will not only enhance the Fuze system we currently have, but also allows for joined up Mobile, Instant Messaging, Direct Dial, Voice and Video Conferencing. The release dates, features and training materials are available here.
- The Fuze web application is planned for pilot release at the end of March 2017. This will allow people who are not able to use the Fuze desktop application to now access full Fuze functionality via Chrome web browser.
New screen layout for the Full Fuze desktop application
New look and feel for the mobile application
We also have NEW HD Video Conferencing facilities now available in Bracknell, Bishopsgate, Krakow & Manila. Additional meeting rooms will be reviewed in 2017.
Single Sign On for Workday will be released on 15 March 2017. This solution will allow you to use your windows login credentials (i.e. ID and password) to access Workday as you already do with SharePoint.
Have a look below to see when your GCSC will receive these Infrastructure improvements:
Go-Live dates of Infrastructure improvements
Meet the Team
We have various teams within the Technology department that help to make all this happen. Over the coming issues we will introduce these teams to you. In the Spotlight today is the 'Data Lab'. The Data Lab are responsible for:
• Delivering Business Intelligence solutions to AMS and clients through technical solutions like Tableau and Qliksense. These platforms transform data into interactive dashboards that allow the user to tailor their view based on individual needs. This type of dashboard has already been implemented across some accounts and the team are continuing to develop these in 2017.
• To innovate and develop software based tools to increase efficiency of service delivery and solve our client’s challenges with the recruitment process.