Welcome to our Newsletter...
Our new communication to update you on all things Technology & BI
This Newsletter will be circulated on a quarterly basis. It will help you understand the various technology initiatives that are coming your way within the next quarter. This will help you to prepare for changes that may impact your daily work life.
Below is the comparison from 2015 & 2016 PulsePoint Survey. Our efforts in improving the Technology service have been recognised and we are on a great path to improving the service even further in 2017. Your opinion matters to us and your feedback goes a long way in helping the BI & Technology Team provide a service that works for both external and internal clients. Watch this space for further updates on the departments continuous improvements.
Endava support to be better aligned to Alexander Mann Solutions needs...
From Monday 3rd April Endava will be changing their contact email address to AMS.ServiceDesk@endava.com so that AMS can have their own inbox. This will allow the SD Team to have a greater focus on AMS queries to ensure that they are answered in a timely and efficient manner. We will send a reminder email closer to this date to ensure you are aware of this.
Technology - Coming your way over the next Quarter...
•As part of the continuing improvements, the Technology Team are delighted to announce enhancement plans to upgrade internet and infrastructure services globally in our GCSCs – this will underpin the delivery of an improved internet and telephony service. Over the next 7 months we plan to replace your current internet connectivity with a state of the art network provided by Vodafone – with improved speeds, resilience and reliability, allowing us to control and prioritise our traffic. The team are also upgrading the internal infrastructure by replacing key security tools and upgrading the Wi-Fi solution to also improve speed, coverage and reliability.
- Fuze will be upgraded by the end of March to Fuze Client. Fuze Client has rich functionality, is more stable and less demanding on your PC/ Laptop. It is very easy to navigate and brings all your telephony tools into one user friendly application. We have included some screen shots below as well the timetable of delivery for each site.
- What does this mean for you? This upgrade will not only enhance the Fuze system we currently have, but also allows for joined up Mobile, Instant Messaging, Direct Dial, Voice and Video Conferencing. The release dates, features and training materials are available here.
- The Fuze web application is planned for pilot release at the end of March 2017. This will allow people who are not able to use the Fuze desktop application to now access full Fuze functionality via Chrome web browser.
New screen layout for the Full Fuze desktop application
New look and feel for the mobile application
We also have NEW HD Video Conferencing facilities now available in Bracknell, Bishopsgate, Krakow & Manila. Additional meeting rooms will be reviewed late 2017.
- Single Sign On for Workday will be released on 27th March 2017. This solution will allow you to use your windows login credentials (i.e. email and password) to access Workday as you already do with SharePoint.
Have a look below to see when your GCSC will receive these Infrastructure improvements if you haven't already:
If BI in 2016 was about Stabilzation, then our theme for 2017 is Delivery...
We have a number of exciting project to deliver in 2017 that expand our presentation level and analytics capabilities, especially at touch-points with clients.
We have started the year with an overhaul of the BI Implementation process. The ‘BI Service Offering’ or BISON, aims to provide sales, projects , implementations and BAU with the information and tools required to facilitate the end to end process of implementation.
Sales get a hub for BI - report examples, client facing demos and prompts for add on services such as training to sell.
Here's a preview of out BI Service Offering
Those involved with the implementation projects get a detailed discussion document to establish the BI requirements much earlier in the project lifecycle, as well as a resource, time and cost calculator. The BI Team get an initial work order of reports to build. BAU get an early estimation of the resource required, so they can begin the recruitment process.
We have a number of BI products in development currently...
One stop approach to Daily Operations Reporting
A suite of dashboards under the name ‘Advanced Analytics Platform’
And many more...
- A reworking of the current Emerging Talent dashboard
- Developments in predictive analytics
- Closer integration with Resourcing Technology and the Talent Collective
- Development of a database platform and Qliksense environment to facilitate the development of internal reporting
New Project Work Request Process now in place...
We have implemented a new Technology & BI Project Work Request Process. We have three request forms that should be used for any project related work requests. We will assess each individual request to ensure that we understand the best solution possible. You can find out more information on which form suits your reporting needs here.
Meet the Team
We have various teams within the Technology department that help to make all this happen. Over the coming issues we will introduce these teams to you. In the Spotlight today is the 'Data Lab'. The Data Lab are responsible for:
• Delivering Business Intelligence solutions to AMS and clients through technical solutions like Tableau and Qliksense. These platforms transform data into interactive dashboards that allow the user to tailor their view based on individual needs. This type of dashboard has already been implemented across some accounts and the team are continuing to develop these in 2017.
• To innovate and develop software based tools to increase efficiency of service delivery and solve our client’s challenges with the recruitment process.