- CREATIVE TITLE that includes the name of your country, your name, and your class.
- RELEVANT PHOTOS to place in background and within of your Glideshow. Minimum of 5 images, plus an image of your country's flag, and a political map.
- COUNTRY PROFILE outlining basic information about your country. (See details below)
- DESCRIPTION of your country's landscape, terrain, and both its physical and political borders (include map)
- HISTORICAL HIGHLIGHTS noting major historical periods, movements, and events. (See details below)
- CONTEMPORARY ISSUES facing your country today. (See details below)
- BIBLIOGRAPHY citing the sources of information and images used in your presentation. Minimum 2 major references for information. (MLA Format)
- STUDENT QUIZ that assesses your knowledge of content and information. (See details below)
Each country profile should include include the following information:
- Population (size, distribution, demographics)
- Type of government
- Political leader(s)
- Major cities (capitals, biggest populations)
- Religions (most common)
- Economy (currency, natural resources, etc.)
- Official languages
- Education (literacy rate)
- Culture (Unique customs, foods, music, art, sports, etc.)
Your Glideshow must incorporate major historical information about your country. This would include:
- Major historical periods or movements that helped shape your country (ancient, colonization, revolutions/independence, etc.)
- Important historical events that drastically affected your country both positively and negatively (wars, crises, natural disasters, etc.)
- Notable people that had a lasting impact on your country's history.
- Minimum of 5 highlights, presented with accuracy, organization, and good supporting details.
- *Note: Appropriate use of headings is essential for organization and sequencing of ideas!
- Major recent events (world news)
- Social and political issues.
- Environmental and economic struggles.
- Potential problems and solutions.
- Minimum of 2 issues, presented with accuracy, organization, and good supporting details.
Students will create a short quiz to demonstrate their knowledge and understanding of their research. Quizzes must include a minimum of 5 questions. It is up to each student to select their questions based on what they believe are the five most important bits of information in their Glideshow.
Quizzes will be created using a Google Forms template, that will be provided by the teacher. Students will fill in the template with questions and provide also provide the answers. Students will provide a link to their quiz by adding a button link to the end of their Glideshow. (See example below)