What are 'Item Builds'?
Item builds are very complicated, at first. New players typically use the Standard build tab, or they look up specific builds for the character they are playing. Once a person learns the game more, they notice what a certain god needs. I'll list what classes stereotypically do when looking for items to use.
- There are a few types of Hunter builds. For example, there are 'Power Hunters', which as the name suggests they build the most powerful items in the game. While costly, it usually pays off. Another thing they do is 'Crit Hunter', where they build items to boost their Critical chance. Critical hits deal two times the damage of a normal attack. Lastly they build attack speed, which is so you can send out as many attacks as possible, the maximum limit being able to fire 2.5 times a second. Different gods use different builds, for example, Apollo works best building attack speed while Neith works best building power.
- Assassins typically either build attack speed, to make their auto-attacks (the left click button) deal more damage. However, sometimes they build items that reduce the cooldowns on their abilities/spells.
- Mages usually have one build that only varies slightly. However, most, if not all Mages will build some form of cooldowns, since they rely on the ability to cast spells to defend themselves.
- Warriors are a hybrid. They build four or five offensive items, then build two or one defensive items. This is so they are able to initiate battles.
- Supports are like the warrior, however instead of building four or five offensive, they build four or five defensive. In return, they buy two or one offensive items.