What is SYNC?
SYNC is a summer program that allows teens 13+ to download 2 complete audiobooks per week for free. Featured titles may only be downloaded during their "free" week, but teens get to "keep" them (they do not expire) until deleting the files.
How does this work?
GO AHEAD & GET PREPARED: Optionally complete steps 1 & 2 below before April 26th.
1) Download the OverDrive app for your smartphone, tablet, or Chromebook.
2) Log into an existing OverDrive account or create a new account for free.
You can only do the remaining steps 3 & 4 between 4/26/18 and 7/25/18.
3) Each week - from April 26 to July 25 - go to SYNC website from your device with OverDrive.
4) From the SYNC website...
- Select the featured title of the week that you wish to download.
- Type in your name and email and click the green button that says Get your FREE download now!
- The title will appear on your "Bookshelf" in the OverDrive app.
- Verify your title has been downloaded (after the download period has ended there is no opportunity to download again).
NOTE: Audiobook files are large and will quickly fill up your device's storage. In addition, these titles may disappear from the OverDrive app after software upgrades. For long-term access to SYNC audiobook files, please save them to a computer so you may transfer them to your listening device, as needed.
Which audiobooks are available?
NOTE: Audiobooks below can only be downloaded during the week they are featured.
How can I listen to even more audiobooks for free?