PST or Personal Storage Table is the most important part of Microsoft Outlook. PST file stores all the mails, contacts, messages, tasks, notes, calendar events and other required data. As it contains all the data corruption in PST file halt the working of MS Outlook.
PST file mainly gets corrupted due to malware in any mail or other data and also due to oversize. Latest MS outlook has a capacity of up to 50GB. Sometimes when the PST file gets oversize, it got damaged effecting the performance of Outlook.
We can repair PST file with ScanPST.exe tool. This tool comes as a part of MS Outlook and is installed at the same time when we set up MS Outlook. The location of ScanPST.exe varies as per the version of Outlook. Below is the path name of ScanPST tool up to Outlook 2016.
- Outlook 2016: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\Office16
- Outlook 2013: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office15
- Outlook 2010: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14
- Outlook 2007: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12
Steps to Repair Outlook PST file are given below:
- Go to the location of ScanPST.exe tool as per the version of Outlook you are using and launch it.
- Browse the location of corrupt PST file or enter its path manually
- Now click on start button, it will start the scanning process
- After scanning it will prompt the errors generated, click on repair button.
- It will repair the corrupt PST file. Now Open Outlook.
- You can scan the PST file again until you get a satisfactory result.
This will repair the corrupt PST file and recover any lost data. You can also use third party PST repair tool to recover important files and data. The Intelligent engine of PST recovery can repair encrypted PST files and deleted items. The tool helps in finding lost PST files, sort the search criteria, allows you to preview recovered items and save in any drive of system in RTF, HTML, EML, or MSG format. PST recovery works with MS outlook 2000, 2002, 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013 & 2016.