Spring Concert & Awards
Tuesday, May 11 (Jazz) - 7pm Concert (LFC Auditorium)
- Call time for performing students is 5:45pm.
- This concert is open and available to the public, however, there are limited FREE tickets available for appropriate spacing. CLICK HERE for tickets.
Monday, May 17 - 6pm Concert (AHS Performing Arts Center)
- LFC Concert Band (5:30pm Call/Stage)
- AHS Concert Band (5:45pm Call/Band Hall)
- AHS Symphonic 3 (6:00pm Call/Orchestra Hall)
Monday, May 17 - 8pm Concert (AHS Performing Arts Center)
- AHS Symphonic 2 (7:30pm Call/Band Hall)
- AHS Symphonic 1 (7:45pm Call/Orchestra Hall)
Tuesday, May 18 - 6pm Concert (AHS Performing Arts Center)
- LFC Symphonic (5:30pm Call/AHS Band Hall)
- LFC Wind Ensemble (5:50pm Call/AHS Orchestra Hall)
Tuesday, May 18 - 7:45pm Concert (AHS Performing Arts Center)
- AHS Wind Symphony (7:15pm Call/AHS Band Hall)
- AHS Wind Ensemble (7:35 Call/Balcony PAC with instruments & music)
Our spring concerts will allow 2 guests per student for each concert. Each band will present their awards before their final selection.
All students that have an AISD Owned instrument are required to check-in the instrument after the last band at their concert is finished performing in the Ensemble Room. Students that fail to check-in their instrument will be charged the value of their instrument.
AISD Instrument Check-In & Check-Out
All At-Home & In-Person students that have checked out an instrument for the 2020-2021 year are required to check the instruments back to the band program according to the following dates. Failure to check-your instrument back in on-time may result in charging the student the value of the instrument.
Students will be required to clean out their cases, match serial number of instrument to case, present the instrument to director looking for damages, and play a chromatic scale for the director.
- LFC At-Home Students: Monday, May 17 - 5:15pm (Enter exterior doors to the AHS Ensemble Room)
- AHS At-Home Students: Tuesday, May 18 - 5:15 (Enter Exterior doors to the AHS Ensemble Room)
- In-Person LFC/AHS Students: Check your instrument back in immediately following the last band's performance in your concert block.
All returning students can check-out marching and concert instruments for next year at the specified times listed below (based on your current Spring 2020 class). Students may check out "upgraded" instruments if they have moved into the AHS Wind Ensemble or AHS Wind Symphony. Students may or may not be able to check-out the instrument they used in 2020-2021.
- AHS 1st Period Bands: Thurs, May 20 during final exam time (8:50-10:50)
- AHS Wind Ensemble/Wind Symphony & Current At-Home Students: Thursday May 20 after exams (1pm-2pm)
- AHS 8th Period Bands: Friday, May 21 during exam (11am-1pm)
- LFC Bands & Current At-Home Students: Friday, May 21 after exams (1pm-2pm)
- Incoming Freshmen & Current At-Home Students: Thursday, May 27 (4pm-6pm)
SUPERCUSSION PT. 2 INFORMATION
It's almost here! Information about how to obtain (free) tickets for senior percussionists went out at the end of last week. Underclassmen percussion link will go out Sunday. General public can order tickets starting on Monday. The ticketing system will be similar to last concert; you will be able to reserve enough seats for your family and there will be seats blocked off to keep your family's seats separated from others for safety reasons. Click HERE for tickets,
- We will utilize both Friday evening and Saturday afternoon for rehearsals. Please see the rehearsal schedule HERE.
- Dress for high school students is concert black. The concert starts at 6:00. Student call time is 5:30.
FIRST ANNUAL SENIOR SOLO RECITAL!
Mr. Locke is looking to have a special night where all seniors will play their solos in a small "recital". This gives you another opportunity to perform before you graduate AND it gives parents an opportunity to hear the solo they have been working on this semester. Typically we all hear the ensembles we've been working on, but you rarely get to hear their solo. So here is your chance!
- Mr. Locke will finalize the details, but this will be a small-scale recital on Monday May 10th after school. This will also be good for those who are going to solo and ensemble to get you another performance before Saturday the 15th.
- Seniors will need to dress up in something nicer than school clothes. No jeans or T-shirts allowed.
- Only senior parents/family members will be able to attend.
- Other high school students freshmen through juniors are welcome to come support your seniors, but you cannot bring family or friends. Only seniors can bring family.
DRUMLINE CLINICS, AUDITIONS, AND CAMP
- Help Session 3: Wednesday May 5th 4:40 - 7:00
- AUDITIONS: Thursday May 13th (schedule TBA)
- Pre-Summer Drum Camp: May 24-28 (These camps will be all day, roughly 8:00 - 5:00, so plan accordingly)
- Drumline Report Date for Summer Band: July 22nd
SUMMER CAMPS (Not affiliated with Allen ISD)
Between May 29th and July 21st you are all on summer break! This is a great time to sign up for a music camp. These a great because you get to meet new people, you get to learn from someone different and get a new perspective, and you will undoubtedly HAVE FUN!
Mr. Locke put together a doc that has a number of local and other in-state musical opportunities. Some of them are drumline specific, some are general percussion, and some of them are full band camps. Last year NONE of these happened so the fact that we are getting summer camps again is a big deal! You can't go wrong with any of them. I'll actually be working the TCU Sounds of Summer so if you want to come hang with me for a few days go sign up! CLICK HERE for the list.
END OF THE YEAR PERCUSSION CALENDAR
- May 5: Help Session 3
- May 7: Supercussion Rehearsal
- May 8: Supercussion Pt. 2 (6:00)
- May 10: Senior Solo Recital
- May 13: Drumline Auditions
- May 15: Solo and Ensemble
- May 17/18: Spring Concerts
- May 24-28: Pre-Summer Drum Camp
Spring 2022 Trip: Orlando
Click HERE for contract and payment details. Contract is due by April 19. Deposit is due by April 30,
Students that make the 2021-2022 AHS Wind Ensemble may be assigned to the AHS Symphony Orchestra. The AHS Symphony Orchestra may be traveling to Chicago representing Allen, Allen ISD, and the state of Texas at the Midwest Band & Orchestra Clinic in December 2021. There will be costs involved for those students traveling with the AHS Symphony Orchestra. Potential Wind Ensemble students that wish to go to both large trips should start thinking now how to make two trips happen. Any student selected to participate in the AHS Symphony Orchestra trip can contact Dr. Obado if there are potential travel/financial concerns - we want to make sure every student has a fair opportunity to go on their earned trip to Chicago.
Spring 2021 Band Events
- May 7: Jazz & Allen Arts Festival (6pm, Watters Creek)
- May 8: Supercussion 2 (6pm, PAC)
- May 11: Jazz Concert (LFC)
- May 15: Solo & Ensemble Contest (Coppell HS)
- May 17-18: Spring Band Concerts and Awards
- May 17-18: AISD Instrument Check-In
- May 20, 21, 27: Returning Member Instrument Check-Out