Welcome to our final update for 2016. If you would like to revisit any of the updates from 2016 just click on the link below.
Using Digital Tools for SCAD
Recently the Religious Education department used a combination of Sway and Padlet for their SCAD session on studying and defining who Jesus Christ is. Click the link below to view the presentation.
Scootle Gets a Facelift
Changes to the dashboard
Your teacher dashboard on Scootle has just become easier to use and navigate. When you log on you will immediately see any Bookmarks you have added, your Learning Paths and your Saved Searches.
Easily find resources by AC code
All resources in Scootle are linked to the Australian Curriculum so not only can you search via keywords, but you can also search via AC code.
Finding and saving resources for later
Bookmarks and Saved Searched allow you to mark items or searches that you think you may useful for future activities but do not go in the Learning Path you are currently working on. Click the link below to see the new look Scootle.
Preparing for GARP 2017
Standard 2.6 (ICT)
Would you like to embrace the AITSL Standard 2.6 (Information and Communication Technology) as part of your GARP process for 2017? Click the button below to get examples of practice for 2.6 from AITSL.
Once you have some ideas about what you and your team would like to accomplish please come and visit me for a chat as it is always good to get inspiration from others. The link below to the Libguides eLearning page may help get you started.
My Standards App
Did you know you can easily gather and catalogue evidence with the AITSL My Standards App which is available from the AppStore and coming soon to Google play.
The new google sites
The new Google Sites is here and ready to use. Simply click to add objects and drag to move and resize them. Plenty of options available to make the information interactive, professional and visually appealing. Click on the link below to the site I made in 10 minutes.
Updates to clickview interactive videos
ClickView have just released an update for their interactive videos which will make using them even easier. These updates include;
- You can now add superscript, subscript and web links to an annotation addition to an interactive video.
- You can now see interactive videos created by other schools in the Exchage.
- You can choose when to make an interactive video you have created available to your class and the rest of the school separately. Allows you to test it with your class before releasing it to the rest of the school.
- You can see an overview of all the questions on someone else's video at once before deciding whether it will be useful for you.
- You can copy someone else's interactive video to edit and get your own class results without affecting the original.
- You can add additional resources such as images or worksheets to a video you have added to your workspace (you will soon be able to do this to videos in the school's library as well).