Colleges and universities are becoming more and more selective each year as the number of applicants are increasing. The number one factor that admission directors consider in deciding acceptance to their schools are the courses you took and the grades you earned. They want to see that you are taking the highest level of courses offered at your school. At Lee Virtual School the highest level of courses offered are dual enrollment and Advanced Placement. Lee Virtual offers honors courses and college bound students should shoot for taking honors courses, especially in subjects/courses that you enjoy. Remember that you are applying in the first semester of your senior year, so your admittance will be based on your courses and GPA from 9th -11th grade. Junior year is the last year to impress- an increased GPA or a consistently high average shows that a student is ready for college. Please meet with me so that we can discuss your goals and make a plan!
Also, if you are college bound please do not wait until your senior year to take the SAT and/or ACT. I am happy to report that many LVS students have signed up to take the Practice SAT (PSAT) this month. Students who take their tests early have time to identify their weaknesses and to study the skills they need to eliminate them. If needed the SAT or ACT can be retaken in the fall of senior year, and with preparation, scores usually improve. Fall of senior year is the last chance to test for many colleges.
There are many colleges and options out there. It is never too early to visit campuses and begin researching majors. Please meet with me (Ms. Baker) regularly so that we can discuss your goals and plan accordingly.
- Wednesday, 10/3- Freshman Class Meeting - 12:00 pm College Night, 6:00 pm
- Friday, October 12- Cape Coral Water Treatment Field Trip, 10:00 am
- Wednesday, October 17- 8th Grade Class Meeting, 12:00 pm
- Thursday, 10/18 - Info Night/SAC Meeting, 6:00 pm. Dual Enrollment Info Meeting, 6:00 pm
- Wednesday, October 24- 6th & 7th Grades Class Meeting, 12:00 pm
- Wednesday, October 25- 2018 Financial Aid Night (WEST Zone), 6:00 pm
Lee Virtual Clubs and Activities
Dates of Clubs- First Semester - October 12, November 9, December 14
- Drones and Technology Club by Dr. Lefkowitz and Mr. McKinley 9:00 to 10:00
- Art Club by Mr. McNew 10:00 to 11:00
- Games Club by Mr. Daniels 9:00 to 1:00
- Book Club by Mrs. Bonadies and Mrs. Bailey 11:00 to 12:00
- Math Club by Mrs. Blessing 11:00 to 12:00
- NHS by Mrs. Weiner 12:00 to 1:00
- NJHS by Mrs. VanDevender 12:00 to 1:00
Please click or go The Student handbook - page 11 For all Lee Virtual Academic Integrity Information.
- Do your own work.
- Your friends should do their own work too.
- If you use the internet, make sure the content is in your own words. Remember to cite your sources.
- Parents should monitor their child's work, completion rate, their grade, and Academic Integrity.