Building a community of faith... Leading people to become fully transformed followers of Jesus Christ.
New to Shawnee Alliance Church?
Would you like to know more about the church, submit a prayer request, connect with a pastor or find out about upcoming groups and events? Connect with us by filling out a Connect Card form at the bottom of our website or at the Church Center app. We would love to hear from you!
How to Connect with Us
Check out our podcast, Tuesday Talks with Shawnee Alliance Church! You'll find weekly episodes about how being a follower of Jesus impacts your everyday life. You can listen to us on iTunes, Spotify, Google Podcasts or YouTube. You can also find the link to the podcast at shawneealliance.com/media. Be sure to subscribe & share!
For more detailed info, see below or visit shawneealliance.com/events
Wednesday Activity Night - Wednesdays from 6:30-8pm until March 24
Stamp Ministry - February 13 from 8am-12pm
Galentine's Game Night - February 13 from 7-9pm
Ash Wednesday Service - February 17 from 6:30-7:30pm
Our Daily Bread Soup Kitchen Volunteer Day-February 18 from 11am-1pm
Pastor's Dessert - February 21 from 6:30-7:30pm
Mondays with Jesus in Lent - Mondays February 22-March 29
Congregational Update - February 28 from 6:30-7:30pm
Centershot Archery - Mondays beginning March 8 (register at shawneealliance.com/events)
Wednesday Activity Night
Join us for small groups! We meet Wednesdays from 6:30-8pm until March 24. Children's and Youth Ministries are open for ages 6 weeks-8th grade. High school students and adults can sign up for a group at shawneealliance.com/groups or on the Church Center app. If you haven't registered, just stop by and check out what interests you. All are welcome!
If you haven't joined a group yet, now is the perfect time! Check out two new groups:
- Pastor Bridgett will be leading a 5-week group called "Living as Powerful People" starting Feb. 3. It meets via Zoom and is restricted to 25 people; there's still room to register at shawneealliance.com/events to gain access.
- Tim Heinz will be leading a group called "Evangelism Training" starting Feb. 10. Through RightNow Media material and small group discussion, this class will help us become more comfortable in sharing our faith and fulfilling the Great Commission. You can sign up now at shawneealliance.com/groups.
Pastor Kris and Liz Browning invite anyone new to the church to a casual evening of conversation and light refreshments in the Activity Center lobby on Sunday, February 21 at 6:30 p.m. Please register at shawneealliance.com/events by Sunday, February 14.
You are invited to join Pastor Kris in the Sanctuary on Sunday, February 28 from 6:30-7:30pm for an update on the church. There will be a brief time of worship, followed by an update including staffing, plans for growth, and evangelism. We will conclude with an extended time of prayer.
Mondays with Jesus in Lent
During the Lenten season we are setting aside each Monday as a day when we as a church can virtually pray together in one accord. We will provide weekly scriptures, Sunday’s sermon applications, and prayer themes. You can pray at home, find a prayer partner for the season or come to the East Campus Sanctuary on Mondays between 11am and 1pm to spend time alone or with others in prayer.
For more info and to download content for week 1 (starts Feb. 22, available Feb. 18), visit shawneealliance.com/lent or scan the QR code below.
Who We Are: Our Core Values
- Faith - We love it when we see God make the "impossible" become reality in our lives.
- Biblical, meaningful teaching - Relevant, Biblical teaching brings transformation in people's lives.
- People - We are "real" and authentic here, and everyone is welcome. God cares about people, and so do we!
- Relationships - No one stands alone. The power of the Christian life is experienced in relationships where God transforms not only the individual, but also the community.
- Generosity - We love giving of our time and energy and partnering with God's purposes. We aspire to always use our God-given gifts and talents with humility and integrity.
- Grace & Healing - Shawnee Alliance is a safe place to admit and confront life issues, accept Jesus' grace and healing, and grow in faith and love.
- Missions - We actively participate in sharing the message of Christ's love, locally and throughout the world.
What We Believe: The Four-Fold Gospel
Savior: There is only one Savior, one path to God: Jesus Christ (Acts 4:12). When we accept Christ as our Savior, His promises are for us, including peace today and hope of eternity with Him.
Sanctifier: Sanctification means separation: separation from sin and to God. Because of Jesus’ ongoing sanctifying work in our lives, we can become more like Him and maintain a continuous relationship with Him through obedience to His Word (John 15:1-11).
Healer: Jesus spent much of His time healing the sick. We find no record of Jesus turning away anyone who came to Him for healing, nor any disease that was too difficult for Him to heal. Miraculous healings still occur today: evidence that Christ is still our Healer.
Coming King: Jesus will come back (Acts 1:11), God’s righteous reign will be established upon the earth for a thousand years (Rev. 20:1–6), and Satan’s final destruction will be accomplished (Rev. 20:7–10). The Bible teaches that because Christ is coming, we need to be ready (living lives that are pure) and committed to fulfilling the Great Commission (telling others about Jesus).
Bible Reading Plan
Bring transformation to your life by reading your Bible! You will get to know Jesus on a deeper level and learn wisdom for your everyday choices. You can find a free Bible in any of our church lobbies. Please feel free to take one when you're with us at church on Sunday or download the YouVersion app on your phone. Use this simple SOAP format to guide your interaction with God's Word:
- Scripture. Take your time reading each chapter and allow God to speak to you.
- Observation. What do you see God doing in the Scripture? What is God saying to you?
- Application. Ask yourself how you can apply this to your life right now.
- Prayer. Communicate with God and ask Him to help you apply this to your life.
Try it out this week! Add a chapter from Proverbs every day to the below plan. (This list is also posted every Sunday on social media.)
- Tuesday, Feb 9 - Ephesians 2:19-22
- Wednesday, Feb 10 - Colossians 1:15-20
- Thursday, Feb 11 - Ephesians 4:25-32
- Friday, Feb 12 - Galatians 3:26-29
- Saturday, Feb 13 - Ephesians 4:11-13
- Sunday, Feb 14 - 1 Corinthians 12:12-31a
- Monday, Feb 15 - 1 Corinthians 1:10-17
- Tuesday, Feb 16 - Acts 4:32-35
- Wednesday, Feb 17 - Philippians 2:1-4
- Thursday, Feb 18 - Galatians 6:1-6
- Friday, Feb 19 - Romans 12:3-6
- Saturday, Feb 20 - 2 Corinthians 1:3-4
- Sunday, Feb 21 - 2 Colossians 3:12-17
- Monday, Feb 22 - Romans 12:9-21
- Tuesday, Feb 23 - Luke 9:21-26
- Wednesday, Feb 24 - 1 Cor. 9:19-23
- Thursday, Feb 25 - 1 Peter 4:7-11
- Friday, Feb 26 - 2 Corinthians 4:7-19
- Saturday, Feb 27 - Philippians 2:12-16
- Sunday, Feb 28 - Philippians 2:1-11