We are excited to finally meet at a mutual location!
Both Safeharbor and LifePoint students have been meeting together over the last 6 months. The team is ready for the next move. A location that is in the middle of both churches (see map below) that gives us a great place to meet.
Below are some Q&A about the move.
- Is this permanent? Not at all. But this does provide a great solution from "running and remembering" two different locations.
- Will we ever use our facility? Absolutely. There are still events that we will need our respective campuses (SH or LP) to hold an event there.
- Why did we do this again? Apart from the location being in the middle" — the bigger picture is partnering with others. Remember, it’s less about our facility, property, space and more about uniting with the ENTIRE body of Christ in the world. We hope to close the gap in our students' minds about unity and the Church.
- What will take place on Sunday Nights? Glad you asked. Sunday night will not remain a "weekly event". The answer is in two parts below:
More Small Group Focus
- The main reason is to focus on our small groups as the place where growth and discipleship takes place. While Sunday nights are great/fun... we want students to connect with adults who are closely impacting their lives. Think of this like a mini-youth group. Small groups will be testing THIS SUMMER. We already have one great high school small group. We will be adding more for Middle School. More details to come.
Less Youth Group Only
- The concept is "less youth group only" and more "family" ministry. The church has "silo'ed" families. We enter a building and split the kids from teens from parents. We've missed some vital multi-generational impact when doing that. Sunday night becomes more focused on a monthly Outreach/Fun/Learning time with age-specific content — while adding a FAMILY component (this "family" part is still to come — stay tuned).