Welcome to the 2019-2020 School Year!
"Nurturing the Heart. . . Inspiring the Mind!"
- Mrs. Micah Bachemin, Principal
- Mrs. Lori Paschall, Assistant Principal
School Hours: 7:55 a.m. - 3:25 p.m. (PreK 7:55 a.m. - 1:50 p.m.)
What's Happening at Timbers?
When your child(ren) are absent from school, you must call the absence hotline at (281)641-2019 for each day absent, and send a note to school the day they return. If the school does not receive a phone call or note from a guardian, the absence is considered unexcused.
News from Nurse Shannon
BACK TO SCHOOL FAMILY CHECKLIST FROM THE CLINIC
For All Parents/Caregivers
- Make sure required immunizations are up-to-date.
- Review handwashing with your student to prevent the spread of infections.
- Establish a bedtime and wake-up routine to ensure adequate sleep.
- Eat breakfast every day at home or at school and encourage healthy food choices.
- Help make school appropriate clothing choices and wear comfortable and safe shoes.
- Get involved at Timbers! Sign up to volunteer!
- Keep lines of communication open with your child and allow their concerns be heard and acknowledged before giving encouragement.
- Know when to keep your child home sick and report absence to the absence line at (281)641-2018: 1. temperature of 100 degrees or more in the last 24 hours - students should be fever free for a full 24 hours, WITHOUT the use of fever-reducing medication, before returning to school in order to limit the spread of illness; 2. any diarrhea and/or vomiting the night before, or the morning of school; 3. any signs of infection like a persistent cough that would be disruptive to the learning of your own child and others, continually runny nose with white, green, or yellow mucus, and/or eyes that appear red, crusted, and weeping; 4. rash of unknown cause anywhere on the body; 5. evidence of live lice
If Your Student Has a Health Concern
- Make your child’s health concern known to the school and school nurse.
- Bring current, signed forms with healthcare provider orders for medications or treatments to be given while at school. All medication must be in the original container and if a prescription must have pharmacy label on the medication. ALL MEDICATIONS MUST BE BROUGHT IN TO THE CLINIC BY A PARENT OR ADULT ACCOMPANIED BY THE MEDICATION AUTHORIZATION FORM SIGNED BY THE PARENT OR GUARDIAN.
- Introduce yourself and your child to Nurse Shannon. Please do not hesitate to call the clinic at (281)641-2005 or email Nurse Shannon at email@example.com to share your child’s health concerns. We are so excited about this school year!!
Early Check-Out and Change of Dismissal
All student check-outs must be completed by 2:30 p.m. If a student is going to go home a different way than usual, please contact the front office by no later than 2:30 p.m. so the teacher can be notified. Sending an email to just the teacher does not guarantee that the information will be received prior to dismissal, so please contact the office at 281-641-2000.
Grades K-2 and their older siblings are back car riders. Grades 3-5 students without younger siblings are front car riders.
Please wait until the week of August 26th to begin eating lunch with your student. We are working hard to establish efficient routines and procedures. Once students have become familiar with their school routine, it is much easier for them to enjoy time with their family at lunch and transition back to classes afterwards.
Beginning of Year Assessments
All students in grades K- 5th will participate in beginning-of-year testing between August 26th and September 20th. Specific testing dates will be coming soon.
Have you purchased your 2019-2020 school spirit shirt yet? School spirit shirts are worn on Friday and can be purchased from the front office for $10. Spirit shirts from 2017-2018 or before can be purchased for $5.
Parents may purchase a frozen birthday treat for their child’s class during their lunch time. Frozen treats may be purchased from the cafeteria for 75 cents each to be distributed after the children finish their lunch. Please notify the cafeteria at (281) 641-2008 one week prior to the event in order to have enough treats on hand for all interested. If parents wish to bring cupcakes to school, they may do so. However, please ensure that the treats are store bought as well as notify the teacher two days in advance so that the teacher has ample time to contact the parents of those with allergies arranging for an alternate treat. Parents may drop off the treats at the front office so that birthdays may be celebrated the final 20 minutes of the school day. As a reminder of district policy, students are not permitted to pass out party invitations at school.
Check out our Timber's Teachers Donor's Choose Projects at https://www.donorschoose.org and search Timbers Elementary. Congratulations to Ms. Schellinger, Ms. Vento, Ms. Leeds, and Ms. Sowa for already getting projects funded!
Culver's Spirit Night
Join us at Culver's at 5420 E Atascocita Rd from 4pm to 7pm for our first Spirit Night!
- August 27: Culvers Spirit Night
- September 2: Labor Day (No School)
- September 3: Room Parent Meeting
- September 5: KISS Luncheon for K, 2, 4, and 5
- September 6: KISS Luncheon for PK, 1, and 3
- September 11: First Responders Luncheon
- September 12: Fall Picture Day
- September 13: Progress Reports Go Home
- September 23: Student Holiday (No School)
- September 27: Big Kahuna Fundraiser Kickoff