Top 5 Reasons for Visiting Walt Disney World in the Summer
By Shannon Stuemke
Summer is a great time to plan that magical vacation you have been dreaming about! Duh, you say! It doesn't take a travel professional to know that school is out for most in the summer and obviously, this is the most convenient time for families to venture out together. While school being out is the main reason summer is a great time to visit Walt Disney World Resort, there are some other reasons that you may not be as familiar with. I have put together 5 of the best reasons for visiting Walt Disney World Resort during the summer months. Take a look!
1. Longer Park Hours-you can see more and do more because the parks may open earlier and stay open later during the summer! There are even times when the parks offer multiple showings of their firework displays. There will be an early show and a late show. This is perfect for families traveling with small children. Hit the early fireworks show and then head back to your resort to get a good nights sleep so you can do it all again the next day! The longer hours that are available in the summer make you feel less rushed and allow you take more breaks which brings me to reason number 2 for visiting Walt Disney World in the summer.
2. Take Afternoon Breaks-one thing for sure, it is HOT, HOT, HOT in the summer months at Walt Disney World. Taking an afternoon break back at your Walt Disney World Resort is a great way to recuperate. Hit the pools or just relax with a nap. Because, the parks generally have more hours in the summer, you have time to hang out at your resort in the afternoons and then head back to the parks in the evening when the temperatures are a little cooler.
3. Less Refurbishments-Disney does from time to time have to close down attractions in order to keep them in tip, top, shape. They tend to do this during the months that are less crowded. During the summer, more attractions tend to be open to meet the crowd demands. Also, Disney's Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon water parks generally alternate shutting down during the late fall and winter months for refurbishments. During the summer, they are both open and ready to enjoy!
4. Lighter Crowds-What? Lighter crowds in the summer? When almost everyone is out of school? I promise you, I know what I'm talking about. Yes, generally speaking, crowds are heavier in the summer. July and the beginning of August are known for their high crowds in the parks. However, compared to times like Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas, President's Weekend (150 minute wait time for Space Mountain this past President's Day Weekend) , the parks are less crowded. It makes sense if you really think about it. Most schools in the U.S. tend to be out from around late May until about the middle of August. This is about a 12 week time span in which families can choose to travel. Now think about a weekend like Thanksgiving or President's Day Weekend where everyone (including local Floridians) is trying to shove their vacation into about 4 or 5 days. Things tend to get very busy during these short breaks. Summer allows those crowds to spread out more evenly. So, while the crowds can be heavy in the summer, they are still less crowded than trying to escape with the kids during those short breaks that occur during the school year.
5. Travel with Family and Friends-Summer is the best time to coordinate large family vacations or travel with friends. Because the kids are out of school, trips that include multiple families or span multi generations, tend to be a little easier to coordinate. While these types of trips take a lot of planning and organizing, they are well worth it! Walt Disney World is the perfect spot to get your extended family together. The activities are endless and there is something to do for every age bracket. Thinking that you don't want to spend time herding a large group of people around the parks? You don't have to! Grandpa can go and enjoy the golf course while grandma enjoys shopping at Disney Springs. The little kids can spend the day with mom and dad at the parks while older brother and sister get some down time pool side. There are so many options! Come back together as a group in the evening and enjoy a meal together while talking about your day. Close out the day by watching fireworks light up the sky over Cinderella's Castle. Sounds magical, doesn't it?
So, there you have it. Summer really is the perfect time to take that magical Walt Disney World Vacation that you have been dreaming about. Let me help you book and plan your summer Walt Disney World Vacation and you can beat the crowds and heat with my tips and park planning. Want to plan that perfect multi family vacation for the summer? I can help with that too! There is no need for you to become overwhelmed with all the details that go into coordinating a large family vacation. Leave the details to me and you get to enjoy your vacation!
These kiddos loved traveling together to Walt Disney World!
Don't forget to Join my Facebook group: Traveling to WDW with Kiddos!!!
Looking for some great tips on how to help you and your family have the most enjoyable Walt Disney World trip imaginable? What are you waiting for? Join the group today!
Getting Ready to "Polish my Ears"
I'm getting so excited! In about a week, I will be traveling to Walt Disney World for my agency's training conference called "Polish Your Ears." This conference helps all Ears of Experience Agents to learn more ways to better serve our customers. "Polish" gives us the chance to learn more about the product we sell so that we can put together the most magical and stress free vacation for you, the client! While I am there, I will be posting videos to my business Facebook Page Shannon Stuemke with Ears of Experience. These will be short and sweet videos that offer tips such as : How to Find a Bounce Back Offer, Stroller Parking, Disney Visa Card Member Special Character Photo Spots, and much, much, more! In order to watch these helpful planning videos, you will need to like my page. Go there now and like away! Talk to you soon from Walt Disney World!
My business page recently hit 400 likes! If you have not liked my page yet, please do!
News from the "Mouse"
Looking to set Sail in 2018? Disney Summer cruise bookings begin february 23rd!
In summer 2018, Disney Cruise Line will sail on new itineraries and to new ports, including first-time visits to destinations in Italy and Ireland. Disney Cruise Line takes your Clients on a grand tour of Europe with visits to the Mediterranean, northern Europe, Norway and Iceland. Plus, adventures continue with sailings to Alaska, the Caribbean and the Bahamas. Contact me for a FREE no obligation quote on your Disney Cruise!
Save up to 25% off your Walt Disney World Resort Stay!
Navigate the Ear Client Referral Program
I will begin offering $25 Disney Gift cards for your client referrals! Know someone that is looking to travel to any Disney Destination? Let them know about my travel services and when they BOOK you will receive a $25 Disney Gift Card. Just have them mention your name and email address at booking time, and I will send you a $25 Disney Gift Card as a thank you!
Ready to start planning? Contact me today!
Don't forget! I now book Universal Vacation Packages too!
navigatetheear.com is not affiliated with, authorized or endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with, The Walt Disney Company
As to Disney artwork, logos and properties: © Disney Disney Ship Registry: The Bahamas ~Walt Disney World~Disneyland~Disney Cruise Line~Adventures by Disney ~Aulani~