- Your understanding of the relationships between aperture, shutter speed and ISO are evident in the production of well exposed negatives.
- Your images demonstrate a working understanding of the relationship between DOF and aperture.
- Your images are well focused; unless the intent is otherwise and stated in your folio.
Consider the use of a range of angles of view, selective focus and compositional devices such as 'rule of thirds' etc to produce visually interesting images.
The Darkroom - Film and Print processing
Submission and guidelines
A minimum of 6 black and white prints no larger than postcard size (3x5 or 4x6) are to be submitted in your folio.
You are also to include in your folio:
- Examples of test prints / strips,
- Your 35mm negatives in protective sleeves,
- Proof sheet.
Your submission should evidence the following;
- Considered composition
- Sound development and printing of the negatives
- Considered presentation, editing & layout in your folio.
A Collection of Photographic Images – Elements & Principles of design:
You are to collect a selection of photographic images from a range of sources, including the work of photographers, which illustrate photographs whose composition/design aspect can be interpreted as elements & principles of design.
One example should be presented for each of the following:
Principles of Design
- Balance, proportion, dominance, emphasis, radiation, rhythm, movement, contrast, harmony, repetition & unity.
Elements of Design:
Line, direction, colour, tone, texture, shape, form, size
These images are to be presented in your folio; correctly labelled and / or submitted to your Google Classroom in an appropriate format.