Exercise 2: Viral Content
The Effect of Drug Abuse
What is drug abuse?
Drug abuse is an increasing amount of desire to use and acquire a large amount of one or more substances to feel the need to escape reality.
Why is it dangerous?
It affects the mind and the body of the user and those around him or her. One of the specific effect is that it causes drug dependence.
Drug abusers may not realize they have an issue, until effects of drug abuse are seen (most of the time physically). Normally, the effects of drug abuse varies, depending on the drug itself.
Common physical side effects
- Sleeping pattern changes
- Decreased in cognitive abilities and memory
- Pain can be felt in the chest or lung region
- Frequent episodes of blackouts
- Emerge of various diseases, such as HIV, Hepatitis B or C (usually from needle sharing)
- Abnormal vital signs (respiration, blood pressure and heart rate)
- Stomach pain, diarrhea, vomiting and nausea
Drug abuse is able to cause a shift in a person's entire mental focus. Most of the time, drug abuser may be feeling anxious (thinking about when they can use the drug) or depress.
Common psychological side effects
- Lack of pleasure from enjoyed activities from previous time
- Pressure others into doing drugs
Drug abusers have the tendency in choosing drugs over all else, including friends and family.
- Loss in friendship and family
- Behave in such a way as odd , out of character
- Decrease in his or her performance in school or work
- Money problems
- Participation in sports are discontinued
- Hobbies are given up
- Healthy Place (2016) Effects of Drugs of Abuse. Available at:https://www.healthyplace.com/addictions/drug-addiction/effects-of-drug-abuse/ [Accessed 18 May 2017].
Exercise 4: Mobile App
The main purpose of this app that Amirah and I have created is to educate people about
- the tips and tricks on how to maintain your precious locks
- Various simple and chic hairstyles for different types of event
This app provides you a simple step-by-step guide on what you need to know about your own hair
Let's take a look on what is in our app
This is what our users will be seeing as they enter our mobile app. Our logo is will be displayed at the top. Not only that, a theme of marble is displayed as the background. As we provide information on hair care, a picture of a girl rocking purple ombre-ed hair is found as our background.
This page is for users to log in into their own personal account. As you can see below, users can choose whether to log in through Facebook or Google. This allows the app to retrieve user's personal data without having them filling it out manually.
This page contains buttons that will lead users to different hairstyles for different events, tips and tricks. This enables user to pick out how they want to wear their hair up, including day and night looks. Not only that, there is a contact us button.
Tips & Tricks
This page contains all the tips and tricks that may be useful for many users. All you have to do is click on the button (TIPs) on the homepage button and it will lead you to this page.
This page educates users on the functions of each and every tool. Not only that, we also highlighted some staple tools that we will be using to achieve a beautiful hairstyle in the next page.
This page emphasized on how to achieve these perfect hairstyle that is suitable for different event settings. We provided step-by-step images on how to achieve this look. Furthermore, this page also states what you will be needing to achieve this look.
Time to Party
Hype Hair team hope to provide you convenience with our services
Thank you (:
Assignment 2: Video
Art: (h)youmen (name of social media page), people who identify themselves as global citizens (community interest), beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder but art lies within the beholder; leading people to understand a world of flawless beauty (objectives), Interview based (video concept & idea)
Story Board (Page 1)
Story Board (Page 2)
Assignment 2: Short Video
Beauty cannot be seen on clothes, makeup or looks. TRUE beauty is attained from being you. Come join us on this adventure as we reveal that beauty lies WITHIN the beholder. Let’s spread joy, be the reason someone smile today. After all, we are just (H)youmen.