Thank God for Pastor Zechariah Arni, who ministers to and alongside a congregation of Messianic Ethiopian Jews in Haifa, Israel.
- for their Messianic beliefs - that they believe Jesus is the Messiah, the promised one of Israel.
- for their outreach to Jews, Muslims, and Christians around the diverse city of Haifa, Israel, in spite of racial and religious tensions. They are spreading the Gospel of Christ through works of compassion like a backpack drive for school children, street evangelism to the homeless and those struggling with addiction, and a computer lab and music studio.
- for God's favor in giving Pastor Zechariah a position of leadership in the Messianic Ethiopian Jewish community despite his relative youth.
Please pray for:
- the youth of their church. They face religious persecution because of their love for Jesus, and also have to cope with racial prejudice in their deeply divided city.
- an increase in their ministry to the homeless and addicted. Currently, they pray and share food and clothing. In the future, they would love to provide a rehab home for deeper discipleship and transformation. Please pray for resources to rent 2 homes (one for men, one for women) and to hire professionals to provide support and counsel.
- Resources to enlarge their Sanctuary and update their equipment. The need is great, as they provide 2 Sabbath services every week. One is in Amharic to reach the older Ethiopians, while the other is in Hebrew to serve the younger generation.
Contact us to be part of reaching God's chosen people in Haifa, Israel - email firstname.lastname@example.org!
Keep our Short-term Mission Team to Juarez, Mexico in prayer 11/5-9!
Please pray for Joe, Tom, Brady, Emily, Jack, Jacob, and Al as they are sent out to bless and support Nolan & Marie Schockey and the Mexican pastors they are training! Praise God for their desire to "Go into all the world and teach the Gospel!"
- Pray for the Car Clinic - preparation and training, and for our team to provide a practical benefit to the Mexican pastors & church.
- Pray for Emily as she teaches some of the pastors' wives to bake! The ladies are very interested in baking, but have not learned basic baking skills due to their culture. Pray for good communication and connection despite the language barrier.
- Pray for the team's safety as they travel and minister in a less-developed country.
If you are willing to pray regularly for this team, please let them know at email@example.com!
Praise God for the Restoration Bags Hadesh Women’s Ministry created to donate to our CWC missionaries Nolan & Marie Schockey! The women of CWC collected hundreds of items – toothpaste, soap, shampoo, towels, snacks – to fill the bags. The Schockeys and the Mexican pastors they are discipling will bless immigrants in Juarez with these bags and prayer and the Gospel!
Praise God for a tremendous outpouring of His Spirit in the 3 Navigators' conferences Eddie recently helped lead! Last month, you prayed for these conferences, and God answered! Praise God for the outcome: a greater focus on pioneer ministries to the Muslim, Buddhist, Hindu, and secular worlds, including an emphasis on sending bi-vocational missionaries, and also more emphasis throughout Navigators on how to send and receive back their missionaries. Pray for wisdom on how to practically implement the vision!
Please pray for Eddie as he ministers through teaching at a men's conference in Mexico City this month.
Praise God for Carlos & Yolanda Casco! We rejoice with them for a recent doctor's decision that Carlos is now cancer-free and able to return to a full schedule of ministry!
One doctor predicted Carlos will live another 20 years, while another suggested another 10. Carlos is choosing to add those together, and now plans to live and minister to at least 107!
Please pray as they spend their November teaching at Calvary Chapel Bible College - Antigua, Guatemala and then go to teach an Inductive Bible Study Seminar & Marriage Seminar to pastors in El Salvador.
Praise God for the young Israeli man who visited Tikvah, a retreat for Israeli youth in Bath, England. CWC missionaries Jeff & Naomi Cuozzo share that he came from a Christian home, but was not a believer when he came to the retreat with 6 other young people. Praise God that he did not return to Israel in the same condition, but as a believer in Jesus Christ!
Please pray for the Cuozzos to know how to reach out and build up the church plant in Bath, as well as how to plan for future Tikvah sessions.
Please pray for Janice Evans, CWC missionary to Ukraine, as she says good-bye to her friends in Mukachevo, Ukraine, to move to Chornomorsk, Ukraine. Praise God for her time in Mukachevo, and pray for:
- God's presence and provision for her move.
- The team she will work with in Chornomorsk as they pray and plan and work to plant a new church.
- The team's Russian skills. Janice will be a key part of helping them with the language, as this part of the country has more Russian-speakers than Ukrainian-speakers. Pray also for the cultural shifts that will accompany that shift.
Praise God for Matt & Noelle Harris, ministering in Gulu, Uganda. Praise Him for:
- their neighborhood outreach. 15 men are meeting in their home every Wednesday night to fellowship and study God's Word and Noelle started a separate study with a couple of the women from the community! Their goal is to lead people into developing their own relationships with God where they know how to pray, how to read the Bible for themselves and understand it, how to memorize scripture, and most importantly give them an understanding of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Praise God for his faithfulness to seek out and save the lost.
- the business side of the mission - they just finished a 2nd chicken house, and now have the capacity to house 6,000 chickens!
- the medical clinic - in the last month, they have seen over 300 patients, immunized more than 400 children, delivered 48 babies and treated many tropical diseases including 143 cases of malaria.
Please pray for:
- the pastors they teach as the go through the books of Israel's return from Exile - Ezra, Nehemiah, and Esther.
- continued "walking in the Spirit" to know what they need to do each moment in their many roles: Matt in preparing and teaching pastors through the Bible, managing the medical clinic, and managing the business (chickens, grain mill, farming, etc.), plus neighborhood outreaches and leading his family. Pray for Noelle as she keeps her home and trains her children and also reaches out to the neighborhood women and children.
- Praise God for the lives of the two precious children pictured above! They were being starved to death by their families due to cultural beliefs in Liberia about children with special needs. BUT GOD has provided His Safe Haven, a ministry to these children, where He will provide life and purpose through their foster moms, physical care, love, and God's love.
Please ask God to provide more sponsors for a recent influx of children into their new foster homes. A sponsorship of $100/mo. will include shelter, security, food, medicine, therapy, and day to day care for a child.