Mason Jar (best for: small, flat items like gift cards)
1. Find a regular-sized mason jar and some candy or beads.
2. Place the gift inside of the mason jar. Consider putting the gift inside of an envelope to protect it in case the candy melts. Also, make sure the gift can be reached from inside the jar. This can be done by attaching a string to the card and the lid or lip of the mason jar.
3. Fill the rest of the space in the jar with candy such as M&M’s, Skittles, Hershey’s Kisses or other small candies.
Your sweet gift is complete!
Toilet Paper/Paper Towel Roll (best for: small circular items or skinny items such as nail polish, pens/pencils, etc.)
1. Find a clean cardboard paper towel or toilet paper roll (depending on the size of the gift).
2. Place the roll on top of a piece of wrapping paper and cut a piece that is long enough to fit around the roll and wide enough to have extra space on the sides (about three inches). Wrap the paper around the roll and tape.
3. Place the gift inside the roll.
4. Pinch the wrapping paper around the ends of the roll. Use a ribbon to tie up the ends of the roll. Make sure to do this delicately so that the wrapping paper does not rip.
Congratulations on completing your wrapping!
Clothing Wrap-Up (best for: items made of fabric including clothes, napkins, etc.)
1. Lay out the gift and begin to roll it up. Once completed, try to fold the item in half, continuing as long as the fabric material permits. (If using a clothing item, make sure to fold in sleeves and/or hoods before you roll).
2. Cut out a piece of wrapping paper that will loosely fit around the gift, and leave some excess paper on the sides.
3. Place the item in the middle of the paper and pull both sides of the paper up in the middle, where they will meet. Tape both sides of the paper to each other, but make sure not to do so too tightly.
4. Scrunch the ends of the paper and tie a ribbon around the ends of the gift.
DIY Pyramid Box (best for: small, unusually-shaped items)
1. Begin with a square piece of paper. Eight inches by eight inches is recommended and can be cut from a normal piece of paper, but ultimately, the size of the paper depends on the size of the gift. (Sturdier paper like cardstock works best).
2. Divide the paper into thirds using a ruler and pencil, but do not fold the paper. Flip 90 degrees and repeat. At this point, the paper should be divided into nine equal squares.
3. Find the center square on the paper. On the square directly above the center square, trace out an equilateral triangle within it, using the shared edge with the center square as its base. The triangle should take up the whole square. Repeat on the squares on each side of the center square as well as the one directly beneath it.
4. Cut around the four triangles and center square and put the excess paper aside. All that should be left is a four-sided star.
5. Hole punch the tip of each of the four triangles.
6. Fold each of the triangles into the center and crease hard. Lift the triangles up so they are standing upright.
7. Pull a ribbon through three of the four triangles tightly, making sure there is no ribbon draping between two holes. At this point, the three sides should be connected at the top of the pyramid.
8. Place the gift inside the pyramid using the fourth open side.
9. Pull the ribbon through the fourth hole, ensuring there are no gaps within the pyramid, and tie a bow with both ends of the ribbon.
Voila! Your gift is ready to present!