The Ultimate Florida Seascapes & Waterways Workshops
DATE: JUNE 24-26, 3 days & 3 nights
WHERE: NORTH EAST/CENTRAL FLORIDA (St. Augustine, FL will be homebase)
DEPOSIT: $500 TO RESERVE YOUR SPACE
- On location 3 days photographing during sunrise and sunset (possibly outside of that time if weather lighting permits) and some post processing each day
- Post processing training in a comfortable Vacation Rental or Hotel middays while not on location
*$500 Deposit to reserve your space with remaining balance due 30 days prior to workshop
- 7 Spots Available Per Workshop
- A minimum deposit to hold your spot is $500 with the remaining balance due at least 30 days prior to the beginning of the workshop. Once you click to reserve your space, you will be sent an invoice with more detailed instructions on how to pay for your reservation.
- After your payment has been made you will receive an email confirmation and later the following forms: Workshop Questionnaire, Waiver/Release, General Supply List and Fundamental Keys to Mastering Post Processing Workflow.
- I will also be scheduling a time to connect with you over the phone to discuss your goals for the workshop and answer questions you may have. We will also keep in close contact leading up to the workshop to help arrange travel and lodging, as well.
- Post Processing Instruction throughout non shooting times
- Nonlinear itinerary ranging from Northeast Florida Coast to Central Florida. We Chase the light! We go where the opportunity for dramatic light and atmosphere leads best determined by my careful constant expert study of the weather during the workshop.
- If flying into workshop recommended airport is JAX Jacksonville Florida International Airport.
- Home Base/Loding will be in St. Augustine, FL.
- Meet and greet will be for dinner the night before the workshop begins. Location to be determined based on weather systems. ( Will keep in close contact leading up to workshop to assure all attendees have appropriate lodging and meet point)
- Locations range from Coastal Wetlands, Marshes, Boneyard Beaches, Hidden Inlet Treasures, Lightening Storms, Black and White Photography, Cypress Tress
- Workshop is 3 days & 3 nights.
- We meet up the night before the workshop begins usually at a restaurant to "break the ice" and get to know each other and discuss possible plans of locations depending on weather research, desires of each client for workshop, discussion of any additional supplies we will need to pick up before workshop begins at sunrise.
- Photographing will be sunrise and sunset (post processing training while not on location) during the workshop dates to account for the most dramatic light with possible opportunities in between during travels to each new location.
- We will usually be able to eat at a restaurant for breakfast(s)/lunch(s) after shooting sunrise and some dinners. Other meals will be eaten on the road and we will pick up a cooler and non-perishables on the road.
- For possible private workshops around those dates or further questions email me at Mark@markmetternich.com
Please note that over the years I have found a certain percentage of participants that desire a linear-type itinerary outlining where we will be each day, and at what time we will be doing what… I conscientiously choose to not lead my workshop/tours this way!
My main goal is always to put you in the very best locations at the very best times for the very best opportunities for the best imagery. The only way this can happen most often is by being very flexible and intelligently reacting to the weather conditions. Due to seasonal and weather changes, locations will be decided on a day to day basis, possibly, occasionally subject to change at a given moment. In making decisions for the group, my methodology is to watch the weather closely, apply intuition, experience, guesswork, and also take into consideration the photographic needs/desires of all the individuals in the group. The workshops that plan out everything in advance are rarely at the best places at the best times!
If you want to check out my recommendations from my previous clients just email me and I'll give you an exhaustive list that would be happy to answer any questions you may have about being on one of my workshops!
- We will meet up the THE NIGHT BEFORE the first scheduled day of workshop at 6:30 pm, at a restaurant to “break the ice” and go over the plans for the workshop ahead.
LODGING & TRANSPORTATION
- Clients will be expected to either rent a vehicle during the duration of the workshop or drive their own *Not included in cost of workshop. We can recommend reliable companies we've used with great success on past workshops..
- Hotel recommendations will be provided by Sabrina, as well email@example.com. Hotel stays are not included in the price of the workshop. If someone wishes to have double occupancy for hotel rooms she will do her best to coordinate.
- Almost all levels of fitness will acceptable on this workshop.
- Physical activity expected: hiking 1 mile with camera gear (in a day).
- Post Processing: As a leading educator in post processing 15+ years (Lightroom, Camera Raw, Photoshop) I will be teaching all participants during our midday off location times. The general curriculum will be based on each person in the group’s specific educational goals.
- Hands On Instruction: From the moment we meet up we will be connecting regarding every aspect of landscape photography, from composition to technical specifics of post processing. I will be available for one-on-one instruction (as much or as little as requested) in the field for camera settings, composition suggestions etc. and after shooting in depth discussion with all of your questions answered. During the workshop we will set aside special time to go over post processing training.
- You will need to bring a laptop you will need to have either Lightroom AND Photoshop installed, or Adobe Camera Raw and Photoshop. The more updated the versions, the better skills and training I can give you! Photoshop CC 2014 is highly recommended! Having only Lightroom will not be appropriate for the skills I need to teach. I work comfortably in both Mac and PC.
"...You are an incredibly talented nature photographer who is fully committed to serving your client both in the field & with outstanding post processing tutoring. My goals were to bring my capture & post processing skills to the next level & have a lot of fun along the way. You fulfilled those goals beyond my wildest expectations! I cannot thank you enough for the best week I've ever had doing & learning landscape photography."
- Carl Zanoni
All Images Cannot Be Reproduced, Downloaded or Used Without Expressed Consent From Mark Metternich Photography, LLC.