The participation in doctoral school was valuable, because:
• I got a sense of self efficacy and confidence;
• I realised what I had done well;
• I was able to build a community;
• I gained lots of motivation – the students who have advanced very far in their research, encourage me to do the same; I see, that people have similar problems as myself
• it brings together doctoral students and tutors – peer support;
• the presentations are enjoyable and the feedback is very valuable – it helps to keep focus;
• I learned how to choose appropriate literature and how to work with it;
• I gained future perspectives for my career;
• I was able to get some useful tips (terminology, Researchgate)
• I had the chance to socialize and take part in informal activities.
Ideas for the future:
• more practical workshops;
• more time for discussions and debates in groups;
• there is a need for an opening session;
• the socializing part is very important – it should be at the beginning;
• more diversity;
• participants should be familiar with the texts beforehand;
• what if there was a key note speaker?
• time to sit down and write.