Dear IAO & dublab travelers,
In February 2020, dublab, the Institute for Art and Olfaction, and Project Por Amor join forces for a series of acoustic and olfactive programs in Havana, Cuba including a pop-up perfume lab, concerts and cross-cultural collaborations. We are thrilled to invite our friends to join us on a five day excursion to this hustling, bustling city.
IAO and dublab have a shared mission of making creative practices and applications available to the wider Cuban public, with a strong focus on international dialogue. We are thrilled to bring our programs to Havana, and to have an opportunity to engage in a creative dialogue with the Cuban public through our unique olfactory and auditory workshops and happenings.
Explore and discover Cuba’s fascinating past and present in the company of fellow music and olfaction lovers. This excursion promises to be an experience of a lifetime.
With every good wish,
Saskia Wilson-Brown (IAO) & Alejandro Cohen (dublab)
Double occupancy: $3,495 (per person)
Single occupancy: $3,995
Spots will be given on a first-come-first serve basis on payment of the non-refundable deposit. We encourage you to sign up while there is still availability.
NOTE: Airfare is not included. A number of flights on major airlines flying from major cities to Havana are available. You can purchase online or through your preferred agent. Staff at Project Por Amor are available to offer guidance ahead of you making your own arrangements.
PAYMENT SCHEDULE: Deposits of $750 are due to Project Por Amor to secure a space. If spaces are still available the last deposit will be accepted by September 30, 2019 and full payment of the final balance is due by December 12, 2019.
For more information on any aspect of this trip, please contact Sage Lewis at Project Por Amor by telephone: 310-961-1574 or email: email@example.com
Program Price Includes
- Cuban visa and U.S. licensing paperwork for Support for the Cuban People travel category
- Airfare assistance and pre-trip guidance on how to prepare for Cuba
- Medical insurance in Cuba
- Accommodations for four nights in select deluxe bed & breakfasts (with private bathrooms)
- Creative perfumery pop up workshops and aromatic interventions open to the Cuban public, focusing on materials that are available as natural resources in Cuba
- dublab concert at la Fábrica de Arte Cubano, live radio transmissions from Havana, and electronic music workshops
- Valentine's Day Scent & Sound Collaborative Open House at Callejon de Peluqueros
- Three lunches and two dinners at select paladares (Havana’s best private restaurants) and daily breakfasts at the hotel
- Exclusive interactions with leading artists in the Havana music scene Eme Alfonso and Danay Suarez
- Visit with the Cuban National Contemporary Dance Company
- Visits to Rex Duplex Neon Center, Arte Corte, artist studios, design & fashion labels, and organic farm
- Discussion with a local economist on understanding Cuban society
- Exclusive foreign travel experiences with music and scent experts from dublab and IAO
- 24-hour program management by expert U.S. tour producers and professional Cuban tour guide
- Luxury motor coach transportation with chauffeur for the whole program in Cuba
Program price does not include
- Two dinners
- Trip interruption insurance
- All other items not listed in ‘PROGRAM PRICE INCLUDES’
Legal Travel to Cuba
We have designed this itinerary so that it is compliant with the latest (June 6th, 2019) travel restrictions to Cuba. Our itinerary fully adheres to the US Treasury Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) §515.574 General License for Support for the Cuban People category of legal travel to Cuba. Each traveler agrees to engage in a full-time schedule of activities that result in meaningful interaction with individuals in Cuba, enhance contact with the Cuban people, and support civil society in Cuba. Staying in private Cuban residences (casas particulares), eating at privately owned Cuban restaurants (paladares), shopping at privately owned stores run by self-employed Cubans (cuentapropistas), and engaging in our restoration projects that provide urban renewal for the Cuban people are an important part of this program.
About Your Hosts
dublab is a non-profit, radio station dedicated to the growth of music, arts, and culture. The Station has been broadcasting from Los Angeles since 1999. Their mission is to share free-form radio transmissions with an international audience. In additional to broadcasting, dublab’s programming has expanded to include the production of art exhibitions, films, events, and record releases as well as affiliate stations in Spain (dublab.es), Germany (dublab.de), Japan (dublab.jp) and soon Brazil (dublab.br).
The Institute for Art and Olfaction is a 501(c)3 non-profit founded in September 2012 in Los Angeles, devoted to advancing public, artistic and experimental engagement with scent. We do this by initiating and supporting experimental projects that utilize the medium of scent, by providing accessible and affordable education in our laboratory as well as in partnership with institutions and community groups, and by celebrating excellence in independent, artisan and experimental perfumery through our yearly award mechanism, The Art and Olfaction Awards. Through these efforts, we extend the world of scent beyond its traditional boundaries of appreciation and use.
Project Por Amor is an L.A.-based artist-run organization which harnesses the power of arts and culture to bring Cubans and Americans together through travel dialogue and artistic exchange. It is run by film composer and producer Sage Lewis and Adolfo Nodal, a cultural advocate and producer who is well-known throughout both the US and Cuba. CST 2131480-40.
Created with images by einheriar, Project Por Amor, and George Barker