Engaging in School
We are pleased to report that 100% of our families have engaged with their teacher and classmates in learning by completing and turning in lessons or meeting with their teacher. Way to go, Harris families!! Thanks for all you are doing to partner with us to keep the students engaged and supported. We look forward to more great days together as Harris.
Medication in School Clinics
If your student has medication stored in a Greenfield-Central school clinic, we are providing you with one final opportunity to collect it for home use. See below for details.
- Who? Any GC student who has medication stored in a school clinic.
- What? Medication Pick Up Details
- When? Wednesday, April 15th, from 11am-1pm
- Where? Greenfield-Central High School, Door 37 (east gym door under WRGF sign)
- How? Complete the Medication Pick Up Google Form blow, no later than 12pm on Tuesday,
- April 14th. Photo ID is required to collect medication. This will be curbside pickup only. Please remain in your vehicle and pull forward when it is your turn to speak with a staff member. When your vehicle arrives at Door 37, a staff member will greet you, get your student’s name, check your photo ID, and return with your student’s medication.
- Email email@example.com with questions, but the Google Form must be completed to pick up medication.
Medication not picked up during this predetermined time period will be discarded via the corporation’s routine disposal process as medications are not stored in buildings when students and staff are not present.
Food Service: Meal Kits
For the time being, this service will continue on Mondays. Please see the flier below for more information on this opportunity for GC families.
If you need tech support for your child's device, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the student's name, school, and tech issue. The tech department will respond by Google Meet, email, phone, or possibly appointment, if the issue cannot be fixed remotely.
Virtual Learning Confidentiality Statement
Information about how these will be rescheduled will be made available at a later time. Thanks for your patience with us.
- PTO Fundraiser Distribution (Picking up PTO Fundraiser items has not been deemed essential travel, so we will announce a pick up plan after the non essential travel restriction is lifted. Thanks fo your continued patience and support.)
- Kindergarten Round Up (TBD)
- Onsite learning for the rest of the 19/20 Instructional Calendar
- Standardized testing: IREAD, ILEARN and IAM (local assessments and weekly tests will be decided later)
- Any onsite events or field trips at Harris
- Special Olympics/Unified Champions Game Day
School Assistance Requests
If you need assistance or have a concern, please contact your child's teacher, our school counselor or the principal. Phone calls to Harris are not currently being answered. Please use the link below for staff email addresses or utilize your teacher's messaging system.
School Counselor Connection
Message from Mrs. Hall- Harris School Counselor
During this odd time children may be experiencing frustration, confusion, and discomfort. These are all normal emotions during times of sudden transition. All students at Harris Elementary have been introduced to brain science and a few coping strategies to help them relax their bodies and minds when feeling strong emotions. When your child is no longer in a calm, rational state of mind and is unable to make good decisions, we say that their lid is "flipped". Students have been taught how to communicate verbally using an I-message whenever they feel that their lid is flipped. They can then use a calming strategy such as slow breathing, positive self-talk, reading, listening to music, playing with a pet etc. Below is a video link to help you become more familiar with what flipping your lid is and looks like. I hope you enjoy watching and learning about this with your child this week!
Please reach out to Mrs. Hall by email if you have a need and are looking for various community resources during the next few weeks. She will contact you back.
- School Counselor: Katie Hall
- Office Hours: 10:00am-12:00pm
- Email: email@example.com
Stay Connected with Harris
New Wifi Access: GC has made wireless access available in the Eden South parking lot, and the main parking lot at Maxwell Intermediate Schools. You can park in the parking lot and join GC-Public wifi without a password in those locations.
Hancock County Public Library: Wifi and eBooks
- WiFi: the Hancock County Public Library has extended their Wifi into the parking lot of the library here in Greenfield. Feel free to use this service as you social distance.
- Students have a digital library card and can access all of our online resources at https://hcplibrary.org/.
- Click on the Online Resources, Reference and Research, Teens, and Kids tabs to see everything available.
- Librarians are available Monday - Friday on our instant message chat from 12-5 p.m. to answer your questions.
Quarter 3 Report Cards
Quarter 3 grade reports for Greenfield-Central students grades K-8 are now available. Please login to the Powerschool Parent Portal and click on the "Student Progress Center" icon in the menu bar on the left side of the screen. This screen includes directions to view the report card, send a message to the child's teacher and request technical assistance.
At this time, GC still intends to host Camp Invention at JB Stephens.
Do your kids need something to look forward to this summer? Camp Invention is coming to J.B. Stephens Elementary on July 13-17! Watch this Camp Invention 2020 video to get a preview of what students will experience. The National Inventors Hall of Fame also compiled this At Home STEM Activity Guide for families.
We now have $100 scholarships available to help families send their children to camp! A huge thanks goes out to our community partners: Hancock Health, Duke Energy and Greenfield-Central School Foundation. Complete this Camp Invention Scholarship Form to receive scholarship support. (If we have to cancel or change camp dates, full refunds will be issued to parents.)
If you have any questions, please contact Lisa Leliaert at firstname.lastname@example.org or Krista Steeno at email@example.com