Am I Eligible?
Open Door is available to families who:
- have a combined adjusted gross income between $175,000 - $500,000.
- have net assets under $500,000 (assets include bank accounts, stock investments, home equity, business assets, and trusts - not included are retirement accounts).
Families who are divorced or separated must complete a form for each household. The total income and assets will be considered.
What's my Tuition?
Eligible families can expect to pay a percentage of their AGI per child based on the number of children who attend qualifying schools:
1 Eligible Student = 15% of AGI
2 Eligible Students = 10% of AGI per student
3 Eligible Students = 8% of AGI per student
4 or more Eligible Students = 7% of AGI per student
A family with an adjusted gross income (AGI) of $200,000 with net assets under $500,000...
- with one qualifying student would pay Rashi $30,000 in tuition (15% of $200,000).
- with two qualifying students - one at Rashi and one attending a Jewish preschool or another day school - would pay Rashi $20,000 in tuition (10% of $200,000).
- with two qualifying students - both at Rashi - would pay $40,000 in tuition for both students (10% of $200,000 per student).
- with two students - one at Rashi [qualifying student] and the second attending a non-Jewish school [non-qualifying student] would pay Rashi $30,000 in tuition (15% of $200,000).
The Open Door application and the 2018 IRS Forms 1040, W-2, and 1099 must be submitted by email to email@example.com by February 26, 2019.