Having staff certified through Google will be a result of blended instruction over the course of a 4 week period. The elements of these trainings encompass both traditional and job embedded approaches. The staff will:
- Attend a face-to-face PLC meeting to learn of the topics covered in the training modules
- Access training materials from the Google Training Center (Online)
- Work through (4) modules to accomplish task based challenges integrating G-Suite tools into instruction. Virtual supports are provided for staff to work remotely.
- Attend optional face-to-face training sessions Tuesdays from 3:15-4:45 for support with task based scenarios.
- Take the Google Certification exams once the training modules are completed
- Staff earning the certifications are entitled to a stipend negotiated by the bargaining unit.
In addition to the face-to-face PLC meetings, virtual supports and online training materials and performance tasks staff will have the opportunity to schedule appointments to have a technology/ curriculum coach to come to their room or office and plan, model or co-teach a lesson integrating technology into instruction.