STOP THE WAR ON CHILDREN: KEY MESSAGES AND CORE NARRATIVE
The below link will take you to the signed off key messages and core narrative document for the campaign for 2019. Which means, you should be using these for any activities and events on SWOC for this year.
Use these messages to write your social media posts!
Right now, across the world, millions of children are caught up in conflicts they played no part in creating.
- New research by the Peace Research Institute Oslo (PRIO), commissioned by Save the Children, found that 420 million children -- nearly one-fifth worldwide -- were living in a conflict zone in 2017. This is up 30 million from 2016.
- New analysis from Save the Children shows that the numbers of ‘grave violations’ of children’s rights in conflict reported and verified by the United Nations have almost tripled since 2010.
- Afghanistan, Yemen, South Sudan, the Central African Republic, the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), Syria, Iraq, Mali, Nigeria and Somalia are the countries where children were hardest hit by conflict in 2017.
- Every day children face the threat of being killed or maimed, recruited by armed groups, abducted, falling victim to sexual violence, seeing their school attacked or humanitarian aid denied. In many cases, children are specifically targeted.
- Children suffer on a huge scale from the indirect consequences of conflict. These include displacement; the breakdown of markets and essential public services, such as healthcare, water and sanitation; and pervasive insecurity. While indirect effects and direct violations are both part of the same continuum of harm inflicted on children by modern conflict, these indirect consequences of conflict affect and kill many more children. More still miss out on school and the chance of a better future.
- The war on children will only stop when all of us – from citizens and community leaders to military commanders and heads of state – respect the idea that children should always be off-limits in war.
- In this report we've established the basis for an international plan of action to protect children in conflict. Leaders and governments have a particularly powerful role to play. We call on them to: Uphold standards of conduct in conflict | Hold perpetrators of violations to account | Take practical action to protect children and support their recovery.
For the children living in the world’s conflict zones, action cannot come soon enough.
STOP THE WAR ON CHILDREN GLOBAL WEBPAGE URL
The global URL will go live on 15 February 00:01 CET.
This site will host the report, download options, case studies, key statistics, our primary video and a way for supporters to "sign up" to the campaign. This will be geotagged to members who have their own petitions, pledges or donation links. For those coming from non-member markets, they will be able to sign up using a generic pledge hosted on the Global URL.
VIDEO highlighting some of the key findings of the report.
Access the 60 seconds version, the 90 seconds version and the CLEAN version. Please find the FRENCH (60 secs) and FRENCH (90 secs). Access the Adobe Premiere project file and graphics template to localise the video.
INFOGRAPHICS to help you communicate the key statistics from the report and our asks for world leaders and governments.
You will find two types of infographics -- what is the problem and what is the solution. Access this link to find separate social media-friendly "share cards" using the content from the two infographics -- perfect for specific statistics or ask related tweets!
Design files for the 2 full infographics (problem and solution) | FRENCH versions of all the infographics | Design files for individual social media share cards for the “problem” | Design files for individual social media share cards for the “solutions” |