THINGS TO WATCH:
- Maryville College is looking for their first win of the season, as the Scots have played tough competition through their first four games. MC has been battle tested, taking on a pair of Top-25 nationally ranked squads including No. 5 Thomas More. The Scots will look to get a key start in USA South play tonight against Huntingdon.
- Klaire Varney (13) has been a key spark for Maryville through the first four games, as the sophomore guard has averaged 13.5 points per contest thus far. She's shooting nearly 40 percent from the floor and just over 35 percent from long range. Elsa Eckenrod (24) and Kelley Wandell (42) rank second behind Varney with 8.5 points per game each.
- It will be a battle of the boards tonight, as Huntingdon has averaged better than 39 rebounds per game this season. Maryville has 29 boards per contest on the year. A key will be finding those rebounds, as MC has been outrebounded by 11 per game. Huntingdon has averaged 13.4 offensive rebounds over their five games, as they've bucketed 12.2 second-chance points per contest over that stretch.
- Stopping the Hawks down low will be crucial for Maryville's success. Huntingdon has amassed nearly 43 percent of their season points from the paint. The Hawks have scored 141 of their 330 points from close range, as they have had a trio of 30-plus point outings from the paint.
- Huntingdon is led by a pair of seniors in T.I. Duncan (3) and Alex Lowery (23), as they duo combine 23.8 points per game, as Duncan leads the way with 13.8.
"Huntingdon is off to a great start, as Paige has done an excellent job leading her team. They are playing extremely hard, and seem to be establishing an identity as a pressing, up-tempo squad. They will, as always, present a tremendous challenge for us, especially as a conference home opener. Our squad is looking forward to playing at home, and we certainly want to get off to a good start in conference."