We work with other Swedish publishers to produce the Good Stuff printed and digital series of 20 books (Liber AB) and the Polar Fish printed fiction series of 16 books (Natur & Kultur).
In the beginning of 2017 we released Lucky Reads, a series of 16 digital and print novels for teenage readers and In spring 2017 we print published Idby, our first complete in-house series of 16 small books for young readers. Idby is licensed to publishers in Sweden, Thailand and China.
Who are Polar Fish?
* Sarah is one of our co-founders and our creative director. She is PhD trained in gender roles, an exhibited artist and designer, lecturer at university and has published 8 books.
* Andy is our other co-founder and head of content. He is the best-selling educational author in Sweden, PhD trained in narrative, an experienced teacher of English as a second language and has more than 50 books published and a million copies sold.
* Paul is our head of schools. He has 20 years teaching experience and a background as an international pedagogical adviser.
* Steve is our head of English as a second language. He has 10 years teaching experience and has lived and worked in 20 countries.
* Inger is our main editor with more than 30 years experience. She also edits with the Swedish academy who award the Nobel prize for literature.
* Françoise is also an editor, teacher and translator and is responsible for all things French. She also teaches at the French school in Stockholm and at the University.
* Anders is one of our illustrators. He was one of the founders of Forsberg’s design school in Stockholm and is a professional illustrator with over 20 years experience.
Polar Fish lives by the Inside First approach to character. Inside First is a social-philosophical approach to character definition in story, film, education and the broader culture. It is typified by two basics ideas.
Firstly, it is always good to challenge stereotypes.
Secondly, a character should be defined by what they think and feel rather than gender, ethnicity, age, body type and ability.