How to live a healthy and balanced life.
Living A healthy and balanced life is a key essential to being a more fit and happier person. Eating Healthy and exercising can lead to short term and long term goals. If you eat healthy and eat all your fruits and vegetables you will preform better in your sports at school, and it will lead to a longer life. Eating a healthy and balanced life consists of following the My-Plate guidelines. You should eat 1/4 plate of Protein, 1/4 plate of grain, and the other half fruits and vegetables.
Key Facts to staying healthy
- Maintain a Healthy Weight.
- Exercise Regularly
- Don't overeat
- Follow the My-plate guideliness
How to avoid health risks
- Be physically active everyday. The average person should receive at least 30 minutes of a physical activity a day
- Eat healthy foods. Eating healthy foods is the most important factor in living a healthy diet, meals should consist of 1/4 plate protein, 1/4 plate of grain, and half plate of fruits and vegetables. Choose high fibre, lower fat foods and 5-10 servings of fruit and vegetables every day.
- Achieve a healthy weight. Obesity increases your risk for diabetes, heart disease and some cancers. To achieve a healthy weight reduce the amount of overeating to close to zero.
- Limit your intake of alcohol. Drinking too much alcohol can put you at risk for many kinds of cancer.
Influences on healthy behaviors and decisions
Routine, sticking to a healthy eating diet is difficult to accomplish but can be made easier to achieve if you plan ahead. Making meal plans ahead of time can result in a much better outcome to sticking with your diet. Timing, set timers for when to eat your next meal and be sure to portion out how much you should eat. Be sure to include nutritious foods that fall into each food group, in order for your body to function properly you need foods that value high in nutrients.http://www.webmd.com/parenting/tc/healthy-eating-influences-on-eating-behavior-topic-overview
How eating a healthy diet can affect your ability to live a healthy and balanced life
- Well being - What you eat determines how you get through your day and preform everyday tasks. Eating healthy allows body movements to be done with ease. A poor diet with unhealthy food choices can make each movement extremely difficult and will be done with stress, strain and pain.
- Mental Health - Food supplies the source of power for your brain and your body, it has a direct relationship to mental and emotional health and stability.http://healthyeating.sfgate.com/eating-healthy-affect-physical-mental-social-health-6972.html
What is a healthy diet
Healthy eating means eating the right amount of foods from all food groups in order to lead a healthy life. Nutritionists say there are five main food groups - whole grains, fruit and vegetables, protein, diary. http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/153998.php
Consequences of NOT eating a healthy diet - An unhealthy diet is a major risk factor for obesity, lack of nutrition and several chronic diseases. Unhealthy eating can lead to obesity, heart disease, and type 2 diabetes.
Benefits of eating a healthy diet - A healthy diet can reduce risk of some types of cancer, controls weight, improves mood, combats diseases, boosts energy, and improves longevity.