- Born in Tampico, Illinois on February 6th, 1911 and died in Bel-Air, Los Angeles, California on June 5th 2004.
- He originally chose a career in entertainment, he appeared in more than 50 films.
- He married his first wife, Jane Wyman, in 1940 and were married for 8 years until they divorced in 1948. He then married his second wife, actress Nancy Davis in 1952 and together they had 4 children.
- Reagan is a member of the Republican Party, and he served 8 years as President from 1981-1989.
- He also served 2 terms as governor in California before his presidency.
- Reagan inherited a misery index (the sum of inflation & unemployment rates) of 19.99%, and when he left office it had dropped to 9.72%. During his presidency, 16 million new jobs were created.
- Reagan signed the Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces treaty with the Soviet Union leader and eliminated an entire class of nuclear weapons.
- Reagan also lowered the federal income tax rate significantly with the signing of the bipartisan Economic Recovery Tax Act of 1981.
- Shortly after he became president, an assassination attempt was made on his life, a shot punctured his lung and he suffered internal bleeding.
- He was also known as the "Jelly Bean Man" because of his love for them. A blueberry flavor was developed especially for his 1981 presidential celebrations so that red, white & blue were each represented.
- Ronald Reagan was also the first person elected as president to have been divorced.
"If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan