Here's What You Need To Know
Upcoming dates and highlighted calendar events
- No school Friday, May 22, 2020 for Professional Development
- Hamilton 7th-grade transition Zoom meeting for parents and guardians, Thursday, May 21 from 4:00 – 5:00 pm.
- School closed Monday, May 25, in observation of Memorial Day
- Middle School Orientation and information session for Wheeler and Hamilton families with rising 6th grade students. Tuesday, May 26 at 7:00 pm. Watch for email information.
- Learning Differences Coffee, Wednesday, May 27, at 9:15 am
- Wheeler's 106th Virtual Field Day is May 28 & 29! See the event schedule. Wear your Spirit colors and cheer on your team from home. Or maybe make your own event like this father-daughter duo! Visit our website for more information and a note from our Director of Unity & Diversity.
Commencement Dates: Wheeler Commencement for the Class of 2020 Friday, June 12, 2020. Middle and Hamilton 8th Grade Graduation Celebration Monday, June 8, 2020.
Announcing Wheeler's new S-Term:
Wheeler's Summer Academic Acceleration & Support
Wheeler Summer will be offering its new "S-Term" — virtual Academic Acceleration and Support for all Wheeler School families this summer as part of your 19-20 tuition.
Join Allison for coffee to discuss SEL
Enjoy your favorite coffee on Friday morning with Head of School Allison Gaines Pell
Tomorrow morning at 9 am join AGP for a Social Emotional and Health Q&A with School Nurse Judy Diaz and Director of Counseling and Student Health Services Peggy O'Neil. Grab your coffee and stop in!
Login to the parent portal to see our full calendar.
Last week on Wheeler Radio Variety Hour, Allison discusses CRISPR with US Science Teacher Donna Lizotte. Learn how Wheeler's Molecular Bio program has already included this new DNA technique in its curriculum.
Third Graders Wax Eloquent About History
Each year the 3rd grade reads a series of biographies about Kenyan activist Wangari Maathai. Then our wonderful librarian Brooke Strachan guides each student in selecting a biography about someone with whom they share a passion. Students then take weeks to research their person, write a script, make costumes and props and memorize their lines. - By Summer Spiller, Wheeler 3rd Grade
We're Looking and Listening
Does your student have a question for AGP?
Have your student send their question (recorded or in writing) to email@example.com and Head of School Allison Gaines Pell will answer them during our Wheeler Q&A YouTube Premier event on May 27.
- BEYOND THE RADIO DIAL: THE STORY OF WHEELER SCHOOL BROADCASTING
- Middle School Farm Program Director Paul Pieri shows students how to cook fish over an open fire, just like what Sam Gribley from might have done.
- Junior Isaiah Suchman earns RI's first prize and a cash award for his storymap, a #GIS (Graphic Information System) project he created as part of a special Science Department/Aerie Program collaboration.
- Cityside Students interview Barnaby Evans Founder and Artistic Director of WaterFire Providence.